Chapter 16

You have stayed in Kyoto for about a week and the teachers were well informed about your absence. You hope you didn't missed too much of your class in Tokyo, so you could keep up with the others. As you got back to Tokyo along with Ryuji by your side, Yura greeted you with her smile in your shrine and both Tsuoki and Tsubaki smiled widely.

"tadaima(I'm home)", you smiled sweetly up at them

"okairinasai(welcome back), my lady", both the Fox twins bowed their head in respect. Then you went into your shrine to freshen yourself up, before you decide to roam Tokyo since it has been a week, along with Tsuoki by your side.

"what did I miss, Tsuoki-kun?", you asked with a smile while you were still looking around at the park as kids ran around in the afternoon. Tsuoki cast a glance at you before putting his hands in his yukata, "not a lot happened in the shrine other than people paying a visit to seek for your help, but I heard there was a lot of things that happened in the Nura's household as you were gone".

Hearing what he said, made your brows furrowed together. " what happened while I'm away?", you asked.

As he told you what happened you quickly rushed to Kana's house. You knocked on the door and her mom answered it. "oh dear, you must be Kana-chan's friend, come in and have a seat, I'll call Kana-chan for you two", she strode away to go upstairs.

A few minutes later, Kana smiled brightly as she saw you and immediately engulfed you in a tight hug which you return her gesture without thinking twice. Once she pulled away, she asked how you were doing in Kyoto. You actually wondered why the sudden change in her behavior, she was much more happier than before. "how are you feeling? I heard what happened", you cast a worried glance to her.

She lightly shook her hand infront of her face indicating that she's fine, "don't worry about me, someone helped me", her face was slowly getting red as she had a shy smile on her face. Her very gesture got you curious even more. "ne (name)-chan", she giggled, "do you have a yokai friend?".

You tried to stifle your laughter, "what are you talking about Kana-chan? I have a lot of yokai friends", you grinned happily while Tsuoki only looked at your expression. "w-well...would it be normal for a human like us to like a yokai", she stumbled in her own words while trying to suppress her embarrassed look. Tsuoki was annoyed with her behavior so he huffed out an annoyed sigh, "I don't know about you but I do know yokai has this sort of likings to human's liver".

Laughing lightly, you playfully slapped Tsuoki's arm, "you're not talking about yourself that's for sure~". Tsuoki sweatdropped at your statement before groaning, "not to mention that that despicable yokai keeps on visiting our shrine", he growled lightly. Your brows were knitted together in confusion before you tilted your head in curiosity, "who are you talking about?".

He didn't answer.

"here have some muffins and some hot cocoa dear", Kana's mother offered as she placed the tray of food on the table infront of you two.

~ Time Skip to Night Time~

You kept on pouting and pestering Tsuoki since he wouldn't tell you about the yokai that keeps visiting your shrine.

"Tsuookiiiiiii-kuuuuunnnn", you whined while poking his cheek. He still shook his head and continued to stay silent. Tsubaki sighed for the nth time of the day, "Tsuoki, it's much more easier if you tell her, you know". "I hate that guy.....all the more reason to be annoyed with it", he huffed an annoyed sigh as he thought about that one certain yokai. This made you even more curious and annoyed, "Tsuoki-kun, tell me or go away", you puffed out your cheeks. "I can live with that~", he smirked.

You pouted, "then....if you won't tell me, I'll just leave".

His eyes widened as he heard that, "my lady you are joking around", he watched your behavior and knew that you weren't joking, he groaned and let out a sigh of annoyance, "fine......he usually comes to this place around this time...just wait". You perked your ears, hearing what he said, "Uwu, okay I'll wait".

And just in time, the three of you heard footsteps that is getting closer by the stairs. So you stared and anxiously awaited who were this mysterious guy that Tsuoki hated. 'How oblivious', Tsuoki thought to himself as he watched his Mistress.

Then you saw and your eyes widened as your (e/c)-eyes brightened in delight, "Rikuo-kun", you smiled brightly, whereas upon hearing your voice, Rikuo quickly looked up to the source of voice as his heartbeat quickened, how he missed that beautiful charming girl. At that moment he was in his yokai form, his gleaming red eyes widened as he saw the beautiful girl he had been waited for a whole week.

When you finally got infront of him, you smiled sweetly, "it has been a week since I last saw you, and a lot of things happened while I'm gone". He chuckled as he lifted strands of your hair, "I miss you, (name)-chan". Your face quickly turn red when you heard what he just said, as you started to stutter, "wh-wh-wh-what a-a-a-a-are you t-t-t-t-talking about, R-R-R-Rikuo-kun..?".

He smiled, "come let's have a walk", he cast a glance behind you, where Tsubaki and Tsuoki was watching, and nodded, Tsuoki on the other hand was trying to suppress himself from launching at Rikuo, that's why Tsubaki hold him in place.

"just leave them be, Tsuoki.... You know too well that Lady (name) have feelings for Rikuo-san....even she doesn't realize it", Tsubaki heaved out a small sigh of relief, while Tsuoki only scowled in return while silently watching the two of you, leaving the shrine.