Chapter 25

It was a beautiful evening and the people of Ukiyoe came and paid a visit here and then, which you didn't even reject their arrival. Tsuoki was busy with cleaning the surrounding, along with the stairs towards your shrine. You were busy writing talisman for the people who need help physically or mentally. Tsubaki on the other hand made food for dinner.

"should I go for a walk tonight?", you said to yourself after you finished with your talisman. "you should", a familiar deep calm voice reached your ear. You look up and smiled sweetly at the sight after knowing that it was Rikuo in his yokai form.

"I came by to give you this", he unveiled a box and placed it on the table.

"how did you get in here though, Rikuo-kun?", you raised an eyebrow at the thought, because you didn't even realize, nor did the others.

He chuckled, "I'm the Nurarihyon's grandson, of course I know how to sneak in, now go ahead and open it", he ushered. You nodded your head and opened the box, revealing a blue haori with the word "Nura" sewed onto it. "it's so pretty, it seemed quite handmade, who made it?", you grinned up at him curiously.

"Karasu-Tengu made it, he made it for all of us, he didn't forgot about you of course, try it on (name)-chan", he sat down on the ground. You smiled widely and try it on, eventhough it was quite loose, it felt nice.

"c'mon, let's have a walk", he grabbed your hand and disappeared with you to the nearest beach. You could see that he was wearing the same haori.

Then you wondered, "why though?".

"why what?", he asked back as he was holding your hand.

"why did old man made me one of these?", you tugged on the sleeve of your haori. He chuckled, "don't you get it? Ever since that day, you are Nura's property so if anyone hurts you or bully you, I will back you up. At least all of them knew that you are mine, (name)-chan", he held up your hand close to his lips as his beautiful red orbs bore into your (e/c) ones, before kissing your knuckles softly, making butterflies in your stomach.

You love that feeling.

"then I'll make sure that I will not lose this haori of mine", you giggled cutely, making Rikuo smirked on his own, proud and happy that he could make the young lady Yamazakura of Kyoto, his girlfriend.

"it's been awhile since we last have a peaceful walk, right Rikuo-kun?", you said while enjoying the view of the beach at night. Rikuo who only stared at you replied, "yea, beautiful".

"by the way Rikuo-kun, what are you going to do during school break?", you look up at him, before taking of your flip-flops, holding it in your free hand.

He raise an eyebrow at your action but didn't question it, "it's either following Kiyotsugu-kun and the others or just stay home", he replied. You then dipped your foot into the water but trembled immediately, "uwaahh cold!".

He chuckled, "of course it's cold, but it's going to be summer in a few days", he said while looking at the sky. Your grinned, "I love all season...especially spring".

"talking about spring (name)-chan....I remembered seeing the cherry blossom tree at your shrine as if it was the fall season, but it was still spring", he furrowed his brows. You looked at him and tilted your head, "when was that?".

"when you were having a dreadful fever the other day", he answered, "the flowers started to fall down, yet it was far from the fall season", he placed his other free hand under his chin in a wondering manner.

You shrugged your shoulder with a soft smile drawn on your lips, "I'm not sure, but Tsuoki-kun said that the tree follows me".

"follows you?", he asked back, before smirking, "then always stay happy and innocent....you are like the cherry blossom itself, beautiful..", he chuckled in the end. Blushing slightly, you decide not to maintain eye contact with him.

"what about you (name)-chan?".

"what about me?".

"what are you going to do during school break? Are you heading back to Kyoto?", he stand right infront of you and run his free hand into your (h/c) locks gently as you leant onto his warm hand.

You nodded your head slightly, "I was planning on going back to Kyoto...and maybe... mentioning Rikuo-kun to father ". His eyes widened before he had a light blush on his cheek, "you..... sheeish (name)-chan, you know how to make me nervous".

Just then, you could sense Tsubaki calling out to you, so you look up at Rikuo and smiled cutely making his heart warm all of a sudden. "I should go back and eat dinner".

"now?", he pouted slightly, "I wanted to spend more time with you, (name)-chan", he then sighed in the end, "alright I'll walk you..", he laced your small fingers with his long lean ones and walked with you after you put on your flipflops.

It was silent all the way back to your shrine, instead of using his powers to run faster to your place, he decided to walk it off.

You enjoyed the view in silent, while he enjoyed your sweet scent in silent. Both enjoying each other's company, before you left for Kyoto in two days time.

"(name)-chan, I love you", he broke the silence.

Hearing what he just said made your face burns into flame, "b-baka Rikuo-kun", you looked away, heavily embarrassed. He peeked to look at your face, "come on....where's mine?", he whispered slyly. You, obviously embarrassed, looked away, but he being a sly guy held both of your hand in his, so you would stay in place.

As if you two were dancing while he swiftly tried to make you look at him.

"alright alright", you puffed out your cheeks while pouting slightly, "I....l-l-love you too". "now that's better~", he cooed as he wrapped you in his arms and smirked before planting his lips on your forehead sweetly.

Then you arrived in your shrine, with both Tsuoki and Tsubaki waiting outside the shrine. Rikuo pulled away and smirked, "see you when I see you (name)-chan~", he whispered before he disappeared.

Tsubaki sighed, "m'lady, please...next time inform us before you left".

"teehee~", you giggled, "I was about to...". Tsuoki shook his head, "I hate that guy", he muttered under his breath, before gently brought you back into your shrine to eat dinner together.

[Miru's note:~ sorry for the delay I had a writer's block]