Chapter 23

While in the Nura mansion, Rikuo who was in his yokai form could sense something wrong with you, but he knew today is THE day that 88 Gods of Shikoku attack towards Nura's family tumultuous horde will commence.

You were taking a hot bath, while reminiscing to what happened moments ago.

"Kana-chan is pretty, of course Rikuo-kun would like her...", then you slapped yourself, "snap out of it (name)! why are you being like this? Everything is just fine!". You got up from your hot bath and put on your usual yukata since you're too lazy to wear your sleeping attire.

Tsubaki had made mochi while you were taking your bath, he placed it in a bowl on a tray right next to you, since you were sitting outside on the floor while watching the cloudy sky and light breezes of the wind. You smiled to yourself as you enjoyed the chewy mochi in delight, it was your favorite flavor, (f/f).

Ever since Sodemogi-sama died, the Nura family yokais stopped guarding your shrine so you felt it was quite quiet. You also knew that tonight is the night where they clash, you prayed for the safety of Rikuo and his family.

While on the other hand, Tsuoki grabbed his notes from the classes in order to give it to you since you couldn't attend due to some reason. He also took out your homework which was due in two days, to give it to you.

"(name)-sama, your homework is due-!", he called out to you but stopped. He looked around, "(name)-sama?", he shut his eyes and was surprised. His eyes widened, he quickly walked fast pace to his older twin brother, "(name)-sama's gone".

Tsubaki frowned a bit, "just go to the center of Ukiyoe Town, someone probably brought her there, and be careful Tsuoki, there's a lot of strong yokai and dangerous yokai, make sure not to harm our alliance", he said in a serious tone which was very unusual of him. Tsuoki nodded his head and cracked his knuckles before he went straight to the center of Ukiyoe Town.

While with you, Inugami were taking you hostage to scare the shiz of Rikuo who was far more surprised to see you there. "I-inugami-san, please don't do this", you whined softly. "too bad you smell so nice", he grinned as his tongue was still hanging out from his mouth, he then licked your cheek, with even a wider grin, "you even taste nice!!".

You thought to yourself, 'that's because I just took my bath....now I have to take my bath again'.

Tamazuki growled at the sight, "Inugami...".

Rikuo furrowed his brows as he clenched his fist, "let her go Inugami", he growled lowly.

You then turned your head to look at Rikuo with a smile, "Rikuo-kun?...", suddenly you remembered what happened hours ago, you looked away. Rikuo who didn't know what made you sad, as he went slowly to held out his hand to you, "let her go Inugami". Inugami who suddenly felt that you were keeping quiet to yourself, look at you and suddenly let you go slowly.

"come here..(name)-chan", Rikuo called to you with his hand extended.

But you didn't even take one step forward to him at all, which made Rikuo even more confused and bewildered.

"ara ara(oops/ well well)", Tamazuki smirked, "it seemed like Yamazakura-chan here is not willing to go to you....I wonder why".

Just when Inugami let go of you fully, Inugami turned to Tamazuki with a big grin, "Now Tamazuki cut him off!!! Let me join you into the new world you are creating!!!", he snickered loudly, before he could continue what he was about to say, Tamazuki slashed him with his sword.

Your eyes widened, "I-Inugami-san", you tried to walk to him but Yura pulled you back, "stay...that guy is dangerous".

"But Inugami-san is hurt! I....I can't just stay here and do nothing", tears were brimming on your eyes as you were trembling.

"(name)-chan look at me", Yura pulled you to look at her properly, "I know it's against your policy, but....That evil white tanuki yokai's katana is not normal...look", she ushered you to look at Tamazuki and what seemed like the remaining of Inugami which was a dark purple smoke.

"Inugami-san...", you could feel your leg weak at the thought of someone got killed right infront of you, and they were his own comrades.

"now..... Yamazakura-chan, it's not too late to join me and be my wife", he chuckled.

Rikuo who was bewildered before, was bewildered even more when he heard the word 'wife', he growled lowly, "nobody is going to be your wife, and I'm not letting (name)-chan go".

Hearing what he just said made you look at him with a small blush on your cheeks.

Yura, on the other hand, frowned a bit, "are you two-timing Nura-kun?", she made an exasperated, more like exaggerating, surprised look. Your face immediately turned into deeper shades of red, before you shake your hand, "wh-what are you talking about, Yura-chan".

"for now, let's just stay back, away from the fight", Yura dragged you behind, as you watched in aghast manner seeing that Rikuo's life would be in grave danger in the midst of the fight. However you prayed for his well-being and safety.