Chapter 20

It was already night fall as five talisman were floating around you as a bright green light surrounded your whole body. Both Tsuoki and Tsubaki knew that what you're doing is going to affect your own health, since you can only do healing from up close and both of them also knew that if you do this, the people or yokai around you would eventually get affected either negatively or positively, so both of them stayed outside your shrine to watch from outside, including three of the Nura clan's yokai that helped guarding your shrine.

You did your best in trying to counter the curse, and eventually the curse was lifted somehow because you could feel it in her aura, but you also knew that Sodemogi-sama's curse erodes people's life, which somehow made you even more drain as to help her even more to escape death, along with Senba-sama. You knew well enough that he's not that strong despite curing any sort of illness.

Kappa, one of the Nura clan yokais asked in a worried tone, "is Yamazakura-sama going to be alright? She doesn't seem to be well", while slowly sinking into the pond.

Both Tsuoki and Tsubaki could only get even more worried before Tsubaki answered, "ever since she got back to Tokyo, everything's gone worse, who knows what will happen next".

While you were trying your best to heal her from afar, something abrupt happened, she seemed to got even worst than before. You tried to push your limit, even if you weren't that close with Torii, she was still your friend, you dislike not helping someone if you knew they were hurt...you even remembered what happened to you when you were younger, being pushed and was abandoned.

Your energy were draining out too quickly and push come to shove, right after you could feel Torii's aura returned back to normal you immediately passed out.

Rikuo who was still in his yokai form could smell your scent from afar that was suddenly stronger than before, "something is not right..".

Kurotabou on the other hand, was surprised, "this is (name)-san's scent... why is it suddenly strong all of a sudden?", he looked at his master and saw that he was frowning before he rushed to your shrine. Kurotabou followed in suit.

As both of them arrived at the shrine, they noticed a lot of roaming yokai were there, due to your strong scent, it was really sweet to the extent that they feel like keeping you for themselves. As ordered by Rikuo, Kurotabou quickly sent the other roaming yokai away from your shrine, afraid for your safety.

Rikuo quickly walked into the shrine while Kurotabou guarded from outside.

"what happened to (name)-chan?".

Tsuoki who heard the intruder, immediately glared at the said male, "you.... It's your fault". Tsubaki was still busy trying to lower your fever, while he tried wiping your sweats and quickly changing the towel that were resting on your forehead.

"(name)-sama never had a fever ever since she was born, and you did this to her!", Tsuoki pushed Rikuo with one hand as fire were emanating from his other free hand that was about to punch Rikuo's face. Rikuo who was still in his yokai form easily pushed him back, so he could see your well-being.

"Tsuoki calm down, it's not Rikuo-san's fault....", Tsubaki then looked up at Rikuo with a serious face, "she over-exerted herself while trying to save Torii-san, because....she couldn't heal someone from afar". Rikuo's eyes widened in shock as he thought to himself, 'it was my fault...'.

When the sun finally rose, he went back into his human form. He then lowered his head, "I.....I'm sorry, I didn't know, what should I do?".

Tsuoki snarled, "just stay away from (name)-sama!".

Tsubaki smacked his twin brother's head, before saying, "we just need to gather lights..". 'lights?', Rikuo thought before something clicked in his mind, "do you mean human prayers?". Tsubaki nodded his head with a small smile, "that will help Lady (name)".

"alright then", he stood up properly and dusted himself off, and cast a worried glance at you before slowly excusing himself to go back to his household. As he got back to his house, he told the others why you weren't there when it all happened and how you were doing now. Torii was still resting in the hospital that day, so the others decided to pay her a visit.

While with you, you had a very bad dream.

#DREAM#

It was dark, you couldn't see anyone, your voice couldn't be heard at all. While you were walking on your own, you saw a familiar place. It was your shrine in Kyoto, you quickly ran to it but you wondered why it was very quiet.

When you finally arrived at your shrine, you didn't see any familiar faces. "father? I'm here...where are ...you?", you pondered before opening the door to your shrine.

No one was in sight.

"Ryuji-kun? Hashuu-kun? Yumire-chan? Where are you guys?".

Unlike your bright usual colorful shrine, it was oddly gloomy and dark.

Suddenly, you could hear footsteps, running quickly out of the shrine, as if they went right pass you but you couldn't see who it was because they ran really fast. However, they dropped something.

A katana which had stains of blood. This made you even more worried and scared, if something happened to your father and the others.

You quickly rushed to the place where your father usually rest in your shrine.

But.

What you saw made your heart jump out from your throat.

There, you saw your father, lying on the ground, eyes widened, soaked with his own blood. Someone had cut his throat. You were left speechless, your whole body was trembling as you walked to your father's body.

"father......you're not dead right? Father...please...".

You tried to shake him, "please wake up father....pleaaaaaasee!", you wailed, "l-let me heal you......I will heal you father......", you tried healing your father as a bright (f/c) shone from your hands, "pleaaaseee just wake uuup!!".

He stayed like that and didn't wake up.

Suddenly.

You heard another rustle, you turn around still trying your best to heal your father, "wh-who's there?", you stuttered.

Footsteps could be heard again.

Before you could comprehend what happened next, you were killed on the spot.

Her face was the last thing you saw.

#END.OF.DREAM#

The next thing you knew you woke up with tears in your eyes.