Chapter Two

2. Lies to Secrets, Secrets to Lies

Mixx

The moment I opened my eyes the next morning. I felt like I didn't even recognize who I was. I woke up next to Vince and he had his arm stretched out across my body. I couldn't believe that I was even in a relationship with someone like Vince. I mean he's cool and everything, but sometimes I feel like he doesn't know the real me. I mean for god sakes the nigga didn't even know that yesterday was my fucking birthday and I'm supposed to be your girlfriend.

I slipped out of Vince's bed and got dressed in my clothes. I would take a shower, but I rather do the walk of shame of out of his house. I put on my shoes and quietly and quickly snuck out of Vince's house. Once I reached outside, I got in my car and quickly drove away. I turned on my radio and my song Acting Like That by Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea played. I just enjoyed the ride home a little more now.

***

I finally got home after being stuck in morning traffic. On d my door was closed, there was Trey laying in my couch sound asleep. I rolled my eyes and headed upstairs to take a shower. After I finished I put on a white cami, army camouflage shirts, and retro Jordan 10s. I laid on my bed and turned on the tv. Then I heard footsteps coming up to my room and I already knew who it was.

"So you're home?" Trey questioned.

"Yea. Is there a problem?" I asked.

"Apparently. Because when I came over after you left your own party and made sure that you were ok." Trey said.

"Why wouldn't I be ok?" I asked.

"You seemed a little off last night and I wanted to know why and to see if everything's ok?" Trey said.

I didn't know what to say because Trey wasn't always the best person to be talking about boys or anything for that matter that involved me. It always had to be about him each time. I couldn't exactly tell him that I have a boyfriend because then he will go all overprotective brother-dad on me. To me I find that very annoying.

"Everything's fine Trey, it was the results to my interview. Apparently I didn't get it." I lied.

"Oh. So where did you go in a hurry?" Trey asked.

"I did come back home for a little and then I went out to the bar and drunk a lot of shots. I was pretty hungover and then when I was sober enough to drive, I got in my car and drove back home." I explained my lie.

"You could've told me that without having to leave. We had plenty of booze at the party." Trey said.

"I know, but I didn't want to go around being the buzz kill, so I had to leave." I said.

"Well ok. I'll see ya later then." Trey said.

I smiled and gave him a hug. Once I heard my downstairs front door close, I exhaled and was finally able to breathe. I felt really bad about lying to Trey because he is my best friend and we tell each other everything. Well not everything, I guess. I just wonder how long it's going to take me to keep this secret hidden from everybody especially Trey.

Vince

Getting up this morning was the hardest thing I ever had to do. My girl wasn't even next to me when I woke up. I sat up on my bed and was about slip out when, I saw a piece of paper written on. I picked it up and read it aloud.

Vince,
Sorry that I couldn't stay. I had important things to do early today, I mean you know how it is. But anyway give me a call if you need anything and I'm not talking about money or sex. Just in general.