Chapter Thirty-Four

34. Secrets, Lies, and Pain

Trey

For the past couple of days, I've been getting calls and texts from Heather, the girl that I had sex with the other night. She's been making me feel really guilty lately. I haven't even told Mixx about what happened and to be honest, I was really scared too. I was scared that maybe she was going to leave me and take Isaiah with her and I would lose my family forever. I really don't want to do that. I have to find a way to tell her about what happened because if I don't, then things are going get really hectic and shit is going to go down. 

***

I woke up the next morning to the smell of sweet Italian sausage, pancake with vanilla and cinnamon. I walked into the kitchen and saw Mixx and Isaiah. Mixx turned around and smiled once I entered the kitchen. Ever since the argument that we had. Mixx has been trying to fix it between us, but it's really me who should be trying to fix it. And I mean everything.

"Hey babe." Mixx said.

"Hey. What's all this?'' I asked.

"Just a little something for the family." Mixx said.

"Well it looks good." I said.

"Thanks. Try some first." Mixx said.

I sat down at the table with Isaiah as he was eating his food like a pig. I guess it was that good. I filled my plate up with 3 pancakes and 2 pieces of sausage. The first bite had me wanting to savor this moment. After eating, I went upstairs to take a shower and to get ready for the day.

Mixx

Isaiah and Trey went upstairs to get ready for the day, we were all going to hang out as a family. I was cleaning up the table until I heard a phone beginning to ring. I searched all around the kitchen and found that it was Trey's phone. It was on the table. I picked it up and saw the caller ID. It said Heather, I looked at it and looked really confused. I picked up the phone and pressed the green button.

"Hello." Heather said.

"Hey." I said.

"Who is this?" Heather asked.

"Who is this?" I asked.

"I'm Heather and I'm looking for Trey." Heather said.

"Well I'm Mixx, Trey's girlfriend and baby mama. So I'm sorry he's a little out of range right now." I said.

"Oh shit, I'm so sorry. I didn't know that Trey had a girlfriend or a baby for that matter. I won't ever call this number again." Heather said.

"You damn right." I said hanging up.

I couldn't believe this. All this time that I've been trying to make things better, he's been cheating on me. This motherfucker thinks that this is ok, oh he's gotta another thing coming. I'll get my revenge real good and he'll never know what's coming. I'll show Trey who the the real cheater is.

Jhene

KJ, Aniya, and I were at my house in the backyard having family time in the pool. KJ has really stepped up in being a father to Aniya, which only makes me curious about why he just didn't leave when he had the chance. But I was just glad that Aniya can have a relationship with her father this time, instead of having to making me feel guilty about kicking him out int he first place.

I was sitting on the edge of the pool and watching KJ and Aniya having so much fun together. I realized what time it was and went in the kitchen to make lunch. I make grilled chicken sandwiches with spinach, tomatoes, a splash of lemon. Then I grabbed a big bag of Lays honey barbecue chips. I called for Aniya and she ran in wrapped in a towel. She sat at the table and I served her her food. KJ came in a few seconds after her.