Chapter Twenty-Four

24. The "Stress Reliever"

~2 Weeks Later~

Mixx

Today was the day that I was finally to bring Isaiah home. I was excited because after spending time in a stuffy hospital with nurses and doctors telling me what do to every single day. I don't need them anymore that I wanted too. So I was just happy that I can finally go home and be in my own bed for once and be able to spend time with my son. I mean I haven't been able to do that because he's basically been in the maternal ward of the hospital the whole time and I was stuck in the hospital room for days. No one cared enough to call, text, or even email me while I was in here. They made it seem like I was in some sort of prison for god sakes. As it was beginning to become the afternoon, the nurse came in the room and told me to get dressed and Isaiah will be on his way up here so that I can take him home. Trey was picking me up from the hospital and taking me...well I should say us home.

***

After a couple of minutes, the nurse walked me out of the hospital with Isaiah and then I saw Trey pull up. I smiled, thanked the nurse, and got in the car after putting Isaiah in his car seat. There was an awkward silence between Trey and I for some reason. I think it's because Trey stills wants us to more than just parents to our son. But I can't trust him to be around me whenever I'm with Isaiah. You can't expect to be with a man who denys his son knowing that the girl that he's known for years who has never hoe around and has always been faithful in her relationships. So the answer is going to be hells no!

''So this is going to be awkward huh?" Trey asked.

"What?" I questioned.

"I said that is this going to be awkward?" Trey repeated.

"What do you mean by awkward?" I asked.

"I know that we have a child together and everything, but sooner or later we are going to have to talk." Trey said.

"Talk about what exactly?" I asked.

"You know us and what's happening.'' Trey said.

"Trey, we've been over this, you can move in with me for the betterment of our son and that's all. We can't have a relationship we'll have to many problems and end up breaking up again." I said.

"What if it won't be like that? What if  I can change and we can try to make things right. Mixx, I love you don't you get that. I'm willing to change for you and for our son." Trey said lecturing me.

"You say that now, but sooner or later you're gonna fuck up and blame everything on me." I said.

"You don't actually think that I would do that do you?" Trey asked.

"Maybe." I said. "I mean after all we've been through, who knows what we might do to each other and what it means for our son." I said.

"I can't believe you're being naive right now." Trey said turning right.

"Me? I'm be naive, you're the one who's pushing me to be a family with you when you have it right in front of you." I said getting louder.

"You better watch your tone with me." Trey said.

"I am and you don't have to pressure me or we wouldn't be having this conversation right now." I said.

"Whatever." Trey said.

Trey didn't say another to me after that. I was really fed up about having the same damn conversation over and over again. The time will come when things will play out. He doesn't need to make things worst by pressuring me time and time again. It's really starting to annoy.

Trey

I was now done with Mixx. I can admit that I have been pushing Mixx to being with me, but it's only because I want us to be a family...a proper family that I might add. When we arrived at home, I got out of the car and quickly went inside the house leaving Mixx outside with everything to do. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a beer. I sat at the table and drunk it down thinking at what a idiot I turned myself into. I loved Mixx and I still will continue to love her, but just not being able to be with her makes me crazy. 

I stayed in the kitchen for the next couple of hours thinking about what was I going to do. I couldn't exactly think that this was going to work. Living with Mixx and being able to control my urges. I mean that was impossible. What was I supposed to do about this complicated ass situation?

~Hours Later Around 10 pm~

Mixx

I had just put Isaiah down to sleep and I pray that it would stay that way. I went into my room and saw Trey fast asleep. He was snoring loudly and it seemed like he had been drinking. I rolled my eyes and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. Then I put on an oversized t-shirt and shorts. Then I went back in the room finding Trey fully awake.

"What time is it?" Trey asked.

"10. You've been sleeping ever since we got back from the hospital." I said.

"Really?" Trey questioned.

"So you know what, it's your turn to watch Isaiah while I have a good night sleep." I said getting into the bed and pulling the covers over me.

"You really do hate me that much huh?" Trey asked.

I sat up and looked at the facial expression on Trey's face. He seemed like he didn't want to look at me because he thought that I would be disappointed in him for some apparent reason. "No, I don't hate you Trey. I just want better for my son and you should understand that." I said.

"He's not just your son, he's my son too you know? So just say it. Say what's really on your mind and I'll leave it at that." Trey said.

"I know, I know. Trey hating you is like hating myself. I don't hate you at all. In fact, I love you, I'm still in love with you, but it can never work." I said.

"How do you know if we haven't tried?" Trey asked.

"If we try then it wouldn't be a real relationship. Everything would be perfect and it wouldn't look like we were trying to be the perfect couple, when in reality everything would be a fucking lie." I said.

"Nah I understand." I heard Trey getting sentimental.

I didn't know why I felt bad for him, but I just was. I gave Trey a hug and I could feel my heart beat beating really fast. Trey pulled away and looked me in my eye. I looked right back in his and...

Sorry about the endless wait for the next chapter. I thught I take a little break from writing and catch up on all of me shows. Let me guys tell you, Wattpad is basically half of my life now and I barely have to relax now that school has started back up again. So publishing chapters is all for you guys. Which I love. 

Also, what do you guys think of the Mixx and Trey situation?