Chapter Fifteen

15. Fighting for Love

Vince

After seeing Mixx yesterday, I had to admit that all of the feelings that I tried to get rid of all just came rushing back. Mixx was the only girl that put up with me and the bullshit that I went through, she always came back to me. I miss that girl and I will get her back one way or another. I slipped out of bed, and took a shower. I put on a graphic t-shirt, jeans, and my Jordan retro 9's. I grabbed my keys and phone and then headed off to Vivan's Finest jewelry store and looked at something that Mixx would want. I wasn't exactly going to buy Mixx's love, but for some reason I was going to get her back because I had a plan.

Mixx

I woke up in Trey's arms and I looked up and smiled at him. I really felt like this moment couldn't get any worst. Suddenly, my door bell ranged. I looked at the time and thought who would be at my door at this time of morning. I got up and went downstairs to open the door. There stood a UPS man with a box in his hands. I looked really confused on what was going on.

"Hello." I said.

"Good morning, are you Mixx Rodriguez?" The UPS man asked.

"Uh yes." I said.

"Here and I need you to sign here please." He said giving me a box and the clipboard with the paper for me to sign.

I signed my signature in cursive and gave the clipboard back to him. He gave me a box and then I closed the door. I opened the box and saw a Cleopatra necklace with sapphires and diamonds covering it. I had no idea that Trey cared about me this much. I smiled and admired the beautiful necklace that was laces with everything. Then I saw a note and read it. That's what changed my whole expression in general.

Because I love you. Enjoy the finest piece of art that is inspired by the finest herself.

Always loving you, Vince

I rolled my eyes and began to stress out. I went into the kitchen and tried to hide the box, but it was all the places that I tried to put was all so fucking obvious. I was going to give up, but then I heard footsteps approaching the kitchen. I quickly threw the box on top of the fridge and acted like I was about to make breakfast.

"Hey." Trey said.

"Oh hey babe." I said.

"What are you doing?" Trey asked.

"I was just beginning to make breakfast. You hungry?" I asked.

"You know it. What are we having?" Trey said.

"Anything that you want." I said smiling.

"I'm not so sure what I want for breakfast is one the menu." Trey said biting his lip.

"Be serious." I said laughing.

"Aight how some eggs and pancakes." Trey said.

"Coming right up." I said beginning to cook.

I began to cook with the same thought that has been in the back of my mind for the past 20 minutes now. Why would Vince send me something like jewelry? I already told him that I'm with someone else and it seems like he was really serious about fighting for me. No one needs to fight for me because I've made my decision and Vince needs to respect.

***

"I'm sorry he did what?" Jhene questioned.

"Yea and I don't know what to do." I said.

"Well can I see it." Jhene asked.

I gave Jhene the box with the necklace in it and her eyes widen real quick. "I know right."