A Late Night

Y/N POV

"You sat down next to Thatcher and Sledge. "Tried?" Thatcher asked looking at the bags under your eyes. "IQ and Twitch have been keeping me up all night." You respond half asleep. Sledge slapped his hand on your back. "Nice job." He said with a chuckle. You were a little confused at this. They had been helping you work on some new gear since Prey was dead. "I don't understand. They have been helping me with some new gear. What do you think I meant?" You asked puzzled. From the other side of the table Rook literally fell out of his chair laughing. "OK, I'm definitely missing something." You said to yourself. 

Later that night you slipped into the workshop and immediately walk to the coffee machine. When the coffee finished brewing you cupped the mug in both your hands. "Come to Y/N you sexy, caffeinated son of bitch." You said as you took a sip. Some laughter could be heard from the other side of the room. IQ was laughing and Twitch was trying to hold back a laugh unsuccessfully. "Please tell me that the security cameras have audio. I need a copy to of that." IQ said between breaths. You walk over to the helmet the three of you had been working on. Basically what it does is it can pick up nearby sounds from movement in a 8 meter radius. This allows the user to gain an understanding around them before they enter an area. 

"And done!" Twitch said excited as she put the helmet down. "Try it on!" The two said excited. You pick up the helmet and look a the visor and only see your reflection. Turning it around you place it on your head. It locked into place and Twitch handed you a glove with a button on it. "Press here when you want to power on the audio reader. But it only works for about 8 seconds before it needs to recharge." She said. You slid the glove on your hand and press the button. Suddenly both IQ and Twitch become outlined in red. "OK, that is weird." You said stepping back. Suddenly another red outline appeared outside the door. "Come in." You said and a confused Jägaer walked in. "How did you know I was there? I didn't even knock." He asked as you took off the helmet. "I'd tell you, but I'll have to kill you." You said impersonating Smoke. 

-Time Skip-

"Field test number one for the VS-helmet." Twitch said holding a clipboard. It was a simple drill. Go in clear out hostiles. Grab hostage and escape. The hostiles were being played by recruits, not knowing about the helmet. You were to use some shock vests that were whipped up by Twitch. "Three. Two. One. Go!" And you approach the door and press the button on your glove. Two outlines appear on the opposite side of the door. You toss one of you magazines to the opposite side of the door. They open the door and peek around the corner. With two quick shots and the recruits were zapped by the vest. You walk past them and pick up the mag. Eight hostiles remaining. You reach the top of the stairs and saw that the doorway was blocked by a barricad. Once again you press the button on the glove. Nine outlines appear eight hostiles and one hostage. Than an idea came to mind. You made your way to the basement and cut the power. Now you carefully made your way back to the top floor. The door was still barricaded. You press the button and the nine outlines appear once more. You place a normal breach charge and walk to the bottom of the stairs. Boom. The charge blasted and was followed by lots of gunfire. You silently make your way back up the stairs and slip in the room without a sound. Now you press the button on you glove and pull out a silencer and screwed it on your gun. By now they had finished reloading and and started to blindly fire at the door again. Now laying in your back you fire off two shots and heard a satisfactory zapping sound as two recruits were shocked. You quickly dispose of the other seven and grab the hostage being played by IQ. "What took you so long?" She said with a grin. "Come on." You said picking her up. 

Twitch stood outside the training area with her clipboard. The helmet worked perfectly. "Shame, I was enjoying the late nights." She said as she walked with you down the hall. "But I sure missed sleep." She said running to the dorm to finally sleep in her bed. You had suggested taking brakes but the two wanted to work on the helmet. You three had spent many nights falling asleep on the desk there. "Finally. My bed." You said crawling under the blankets and crashed.