Chapter 53

ONE WEEK LATER

Norman's POV

I get off my bike and walk in Jeff and Skylar's house I hadn't seen them or the baby since she was born I wanted to give them a little time to settle in and adjust to having Bella in the house I go to the living room and see the two of them on the couch and Jeff was holding Bella. I walk over then sit in the chair across from Skylar "he's not holding her all the time, is he?" She smiles then looks over at me "every chance he gets I nurse her and he still holds her more than I do." I laugh then look over at Jeff and shake my head I was glad the two of them were happy though. "How do you like having a daughter?" He looks at me "I love it she's perfect I finally know what my life was missing I love being a dad." That's exactly how I felt when Mingus was born it was a better feeling than anything else. Skylar takes Bella and lays her in my arms and I get to visit with my god daughter for a little while.

Skylar's POV

I step outside on the porch and see Jeff walking back and forth lightly bouncing Bella in his arms I smile then walk over "how's our daddy's girl?" He smiles then kisses her head "she's good." I bite my lip then sit on the railing and watch them. "Jeff?" he looks at me "Yeah Sky?" I take a deep breath "I know that we can't do anything for about six to eight weeks... but would you want to try for another baby?" he stops then looks at me. "Are you sure we tried so hard for her?" he loved being a father and if we did have another baby maybe with the second one it wouldn't take as long to get pregnant. I nod slowly "I want another baby." He walks over then kisses me slowly I kiss back he pulls away "I'll do everything I can to give you another baby." I nod knowing he was telling the truth.

Jeff's POV

I start walking around checking on the farm and the animals while Skylar takes Bella inside to feed her and put her down for a nap I was enjoying the peace but I also wanted to do a little thinking about me and Skylar having another baby. It's not that I was having doubts or changing my mind since I already told Skylar we would but I was a little afraid that we may not be able to have another one since it took so long for us to get pregnant with Bella but this time it could be different and maybe we wouldn't have to try as long. I check on Paxton then Storm and start making my way back to the house I walk by our room and Skylar was asleep I go to the nursery and see Bella in her crib awake. I smile then pick her up "Why aren't you sleeping baby girl?" She curls up against my chest I rock her for a bit then go downstairs to the living room.

Skylar's POV

I stretch out then glance at the clock and sit up quickly I had been sleeping for hours Bella should be up by now I get out of bed then go to the nursery and she's not in there I go to the living room and stop when I see Jeff sitting there on the couch she was laying on his chest sleeping. I walk over "How long has she been sleeping?" He looks down at her then rubs her back "a few hours she stayed up for a while after you put her down so we had some daddy and little girl time." I kiss her head then sit down next to Jeff. He looks over at me "Sky?" I look at him "Yeah?" he takes a deep breath "I know we didn't think we could have a baby but thank you for all the trying, the tests, the doctor's visits and labor." I smile then lean over and kiss him slowly. He didn't have to thank me I could go through it all again.