Chapter 62

Jeff's POV

I get Bella ready for bed that night then sit on the bed and start reading her a story she stops me "Daddy... do you and mommy love the new baby more than me?" I look in her eyes which happened to be the same as Skylar's eyes and see tears forming in them I put the book down then pull her in my lap. "Your mommy and I love you both very much we don't love him more he's just so small right now he needs your mommy to take care of him and feed him you're our little princess." She hugs me tight then kiss her head and go back to the book. She falls asleep a few minutes later I smile and move her dark hair off her face I leave the lamp on then kiss her head and leave the room it's a good thing they were only two years apart if the age difference was any bigger Skylar and I might have problems with sibling rivalry I keep going down the hall then go to mine and Skylar's room.

Skylar's POV

I look over when Jeff groans and stretches out on the bed I laugh softly "Bella didn't want to go to sleep?" he shakes his head then starts rubbing my arm. "She asked if we loved the new baby more than her?" I lean back against the head board she seemed happy to be a big sister I frown and look at him "she's been the center of everything since she was born not only for us but Norman and everyone else too maybe it's hard to share the attention." He nods slowly. "Maybe we need to show her she's still important we could take her out for the day and have time just the three of us?" I nod "I think that's a really good idea." He kisses me then pulls me closer I kiss back and wrap my arms around his neck. He pulls away "You haven't been cleared yet and Dixon will need to be fed again soon." He was right I yawn then lay down and fall asleep.

Norman's POV

I walk in the house then look at Bella while Skylar helps her with her shoes "are you excited to be going to the zoo?" she nods "I want to see all of the animals and I get the whole day with mommy and daddy." Skylar told me about what Bella said to Jeff and I offered to help. Jeff walks in with Dixon I smile then take him "You're going to have a lot of fun with me little man we're having our first boys day." Skylar laughs "don't get too crazy" I look at her "couldn't dream of it." Jeff puts on a leather jacket then looks at Bella "ready to go?" She nods then runs out to Skylar's car. Jeff looks at Skylar "I told you she was manipulative." I laugh she had Jeff whipped Skylar squeezes his hand then looks at me "there's enough bottles made up for while we're gone, we will be back later on this evening and if.." I cut her off "I'll call you if anything happens." Jeff chuckles then they leave the house.