• Date •

▪️Ship: Jangkook ▪️

▪️Ship: Jangkook ▪️

"Jangie!!!!"

Said girl lifted her head at the sound of her name. Seconds later, Jungkook popped his head into her room.

"Jangie? Are you busy?"

She shook her head, resting her head in her hands. "Nope, what's up?"

"I want to go to the park for a walk, but Jin-hyung doesn't want me going alone."

Jang-Mi giggled, getting up. She smiled at him playfully. "So, a date?"

Jungkook shook his hands out in front of him, blushing. "I mean, I could ask Jimin, but he might just be annoying, a-and it's not like I wouldn't go on a date with you or anything I just-!"

"I was joking," JJ giggled, watching as Jungkook turned redder- if possible.

"Yeah, okay, let's go." He muttered in embarrassment. She smiled brightly at him before grabbing her coat and bag.

They said goodbye to the other boys, walking to the park. They were walking around for a while, and eventually made it into the play area. No one else was around, apart from some passion dog walkers, so they took a seat on the swings.

Jungkook looked over at Jang-Mi, his eyes soaking up her visual. She was staring at the floor, lost in thought, her hair brushing against the sides of her face as she went back and forth in the swing. There was small traces of a smile on her lips, and he could see her properly when she shifted her head up to face him.

"You okay, Kookie?" She asked him.

He blinked for a moment before giving her a bright smile. "Of course. I'm here with you, aren't I?"

He remembered when he, Jimin, and Taehyung all started to jokingly flirt with her. She used to turn a brilliant shade of red and get so flustered she'd hide behind her hands. Now she simply rolled her eyes and smiled, clucking her tongue.

"Ever the flirt Jungkookie." She grinned, winking. It became his turn to blush and look away. He never really got used to it when she started flirting back.

But now... maybe he could use it.

"You know," he started, turning back to her. "I'm only a flirt with you."

She raised a brow playfully. "You sure?"

He winked this time, smirking. "Positive."

Jang-Mi watched him for a moment, waiting to see if he'd shy away from her intense gaze. When he didn't, she smiled.

"Let's go on a date."

Jungkook's confidence plummeted, and red sprouted across his face. He blinked, as if expecting the scene to change with it. He coughed.

"Now? So late at night? Are you sure?"

"Of course. I mean, I know you said you weren't asking me on a date," she grinned. "But I want it to be one, so I'm asking."

Jungkook couldn't believe what he was hearing, but a million things were running through his head. Was she serious? Was she joking? Was this just another one of their 'dates' which was really just a handout?

And most importantly; did she like him?

Because out of everything he thought, he managed to get one thing straight. He really, really did like her.

"Kookie? You leaving me hanging?"

Her voice brought him out of his mind, and he stared for a second before clearing his throat.

"I mean, I'd like to go on a date with you."

He waited with halted breath for her to tell him she was joking, but she smiled and stood.

"Great! I know just the place."

She took his hand, leading him out of the park. They walked a little while before getting to a small shop squished between two larger buildings. She took Jungkook inside, and he saw they were in a smoothie shop.

"It's never too late for smoothies." Jang-Mi grinned, ignoring the darkening sky.

They got what they wanted and found seats to face each other. Jang-Mi tugged on her overalls, drinking her smoothie and winking every time Jungkook looked her way. After the eighth time, he started laughing.

"You're so weird!" He half yelled at her, grinning.

She winked once again. "Of course, but that has to be part of the reason you like me, right?"

Jungkook froze, his hand lowering the drink. He stared at her as she continued sipping and humming, but he was lost. How did she know? He'd only just figured it out himself.

Jang-Mi glanced up when she realised how quiet he was, only to see him staring at her.

"Kookie? You okay?"

"How did you know?" Jungkook blurted out.

JJ raised an eyebrow. "Know what? That you liked me?"

"Y-yes."

"I mean, we're on a date. I thought people that liked each other went on dates."

Everything was going slow for Jungkook, but that statement snapped him into perspective.

"Wait, y-you... you like me?"

She smiled playfully. "I asked you on a date Jungkook. That kind gives it away, I don't exactly ask everyone on dates. Unless you think I'm a hoe. Do you think I'm a hoe?"

He rushed to correct her, worrying he did something wrong, but stopped when he saw her wide grin.

She was playing with him. At least, on the last bit she was.

"Either way, Jungkook. I do like you, I just thought I was obvious." She shrugged, sipping on the straw.

Jungkook finally smiled, allowing himself to react.

"That's a fucking relief."