• Fanmeet Pt.4 •

~

~

Outfit:

Jang-Mi was afraid

Jang-Mi was afraid. That's really all she seemed to be these days.

After being released from the hospital, she was given a month to get back on track as an idol before she'd make her first public appearance, and she agreed. They were only doing a fanmeet, not a concert. She couldn't wait to reassure the ARMY's that she was okay.

Even though now it was easy to see she really wasn't.

The boys all walked on the stage, only Jin left behind her, and none of them expected her to freeze like a deer in the headlights.

She barely felt Jin place a hand on her waist and move her carefully forward. The lights, the camera lights, the flashes of photos, they all scared her. The thing Jang-Mi saw before being shot was the sharp flash of light on metal.

Jin sat her down next to Taehyung, and then sat beside her. Namjoon was talking, thanking fans, and asking if they'd kindly be careful of JJ. All screamed in agreement, but the loud noises tormented her. Her heart told her they meant well, yet her head was pushing her to feel fear, and her lungs were forcing her to breathe harder.

"Give us one moment, and we will see you shortly!" And with that, Namjoon sat down.

Seokjin placed his palm against the back of Jang-Mi's neck and turned her towards him.

His whisper was barely audible. "I know you're scared, princess. I know. But you're safe. I won't let anyone hurt you."

Her breathing slowed at his words and the warmth of his skin, but her thoughts raced.

"I'm so sorry, my princess, I'm so sorry. I need you to wake up so I can tell you that I'm so sorry. You don't deserve this. And I will never, ever, allow it to happen again. Nothing even close."

Because in the moments before Jang-Mi opened her eyes, Jin thought she couldn't hear him.

"I'll step in and take it. I take the bullets and the blades. I'll do it with a smile, Jangie, if it's for you."

And yet, she could.

She hadn't told him she'd heard what he said. She hadn't told him the extreme fear it placed in her; what if something happened and he stuck to his word?

In her eyes, the world wouldn't spin without Kim Seokjin on it's grounds.

Jang-Mi held tightly to his free hand, her eyes burning into his.

"I know I'm safe, Jin-oppa. All I want is for you all to be safe too."

Seokjin's eyes smiled along with his whole face. "Of course we are. The only thing I'm at risk for is a heart attack if Jungkook opens my shower door one more time."

JJ laughed, and even the fans who didn't know what she was laughing at smiled with her.

-