One

This chapter is dedicated to Artistic-MjDiva for being there for me since day one. She's really cool, chill, kind, and really really funny! You should try making friends with her. Trust me, she's fun and understanding 😆

Thank you for clicking on this book and giving it a chance!

Much love💖💖 — Hayun

. . .

  ・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧ ✧・゚: *

They call me baepsae — BTS; Baepsae

Jaehee

Breath. Breath, Jaehee.

You can do this, young woman. Yes, you're a young woman who's in the final year of high school. You are smart and beautiful.

Or so I think . . .

"Um—Hey, Donghae . . . " I can't even finish my sentence just the vulgar sight right in front of me makes me want to vomit. He is kissing—he is kissing the queen bee of last year's homecoming festival that made almost every guy's head spin and heat accelerate.

He is kissing—Dawon.

I can't let my guard down and just burst into tears because I am strong and have been like this ever since my older brother was sent to jail. Dad, he couldn't care less; he was sent to jail many times when he was a kid, he told me.

The letter concealed in my hands soon crumbles into a ball as I fragment it to pieces and forcefully throw it down on the ground, sweeping right past the jerk, Donghae, and shove his "queen bee" to the side. Both of the disgusting love birds slam against the school's gate.

They fall—hard.

"Hey!" I swiftly turn around on my heels with my long straight hair swinging across my face.

"What do you want, Donghae?"

Unexpectedly my voice raises and eyes enlarge in anger, not realizing how tight my jaw's clenched. My eyes suddenly lost its color and formed a hazy fog as I try controlling any tears streaming down my cheek.

"Jaehee?" His voice trails off with a shaky breath, eyes large. "I—I can explain." His voice quivers, bewildered.

"Just . . . just leave me alone." I turn my back against him and start walking towards the school's entrance door, thinking about what did I ever do to deserve this? To deserve him even liking me?

I'm not awesome, beautiful, or even like those cheerleaders. I'm just a silhouette of an athlete in the vast of the dark night acting like a normal student despite the truth, surviving on a low income.

"Hey, Jaehee!" He yells, his hand grasps my arm, swirling me to come in contact with his chest. I just stare at him and he does the same while Dawon releases a painful whimper as she struggles to stand up. Yet, he didn't care to go back and help her. He just stares at me with regret floating in his eyes, his hand now wrapped around mine, tightly.

It looks like he was asking for forgiveness, but when the bell before the tardy one rang, I yank my hand out from his grasp, adjust my backpack on one shoulder and hastily entered the doors of high school.

・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧ ✧・゚: *

Pfft . . . who cares about Donghae anyway? Sure he's got incredible brown hair that seems to sweep up, revealing his forehead during a basketball game or tournament of his and has a full nice smile accompanied with brilliant blue eyes and an athletic build-up, but he doesn't have consideration qualified in him.

I take my seat in the middle of the room by the time the classroom was halfway full. First period, AP English, fourth year is going to be the least of my worries. "Hey, I heard the queen of the spelling bee and forensic science got dumped today." One ginger bolted out of her seat, her eyes landing on mine, and she throws me a sly smile.

Of course, I got dumped by my crush, Donghae.

"Didn't Donghae have a crush on her too?" A pigtailed girl questions the ginger, grinning widely and of course, the rest of the girl gang would laugh, and they did.

The chatter swimming throughout the classroom comes to a pause when a male teacher steps inside the classroom and he begins taking roll call. He doesn't need to call out our names, just scanned our faces and checked the record.

While he finishes taking roll call, three tall boys hurriedly stepped in like they were late, which the bell hadn't ringed, yet. One seemed like they've been running, actually all three of them.

"Do I have to remind you not to be late? Especially on the first day of school? You all have been here since freshmen year."

The male teacher said it like he didn't care about them, but he should've taken consideration in thinking if one of them is new or not.

"Sorry, won't happen again, sir." My eyes nearly pop out of the sockets when a childlike voice spoke, his soft facial features growing a garden of flowers around his face, magnificent blond hair sweeping across his forehead as he panted with a full smile glued to his face.

I'm staring at him and I don't even realize that he caught ahold of my eye contact.

And then he winks at me.

A/N: Hey, hey, hey! Okay, I'm sorry! The first chapter is longer than I expected 😂 So . . . Can you guess who's this blonde dude? It's actually quite obvious because of the teaser. And yes, Jaeun got dumped by her crush and her crush liked her back, but he didn't ask her out since he wanted to keep his demeanor.

I hope you enjoyed it. The story might be boring but it will get better. So hang on you awesome people. You're support and love are what make my day.

By the way, Jaehee is in her senior year, so she's eighteen, Donghae is eighteen, and Jimin is seventeen.

I'll be updating my best as possible every Friday, so be around 😎

Your thoughts, opinions, constructive criticism is gladly appreciated! Ya'll help me improve and such

And if you liked the chapter, don't forget to vote, comment, and share ALEXA. Spread the word, you awesome people. I'll see you next Friday 💖💖💖💛💚💙💜

 I'll see you next Friday 💖💖💖💛💚💙💜