Fifteen

. . .

・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧ ✧・゚: *      

❝The dream that you live in can either be your worst nightmare when you wake up or your sweet imagination for a moment ❞

Jaehee

The door unlocks and without thinking my body jerks forward, forgetting about my own safety, knowing it's too much of a risk and dangerous.

I reach for Jimin anyway.

But I'm too late.

"Jimin!"

My eyes peel open in complete shock as soon as the metro bus takes a forceful break, causing others to be pushed back against the seat with their eyes alarmed—yes it's a complete shocker because I'm the only one panting as if I woke up from a nightmare again.

That was a nightmare—our school addressing a real lockdown drill and I left Jimin in sight.

Oh my gosh, I left Jimin in sight. How could I be so stupid?

Funny thing is I have earbuds plugged into my ear. Slipping my hand into the pocket of my jeans, I pull it out and I'm dumbfounded. I was listening to the ost of Cinderella and Four Knight, then why this nightmare?

I take them off, neatly placing them inside the pocket of my backpack. Soon the bus takes off.

I snap back to focus, being alert. Others see me as cold-hearted since I have this "I don't give two freaks" face. It's just how I am, then again I can certainly change that.

My eyes search for the boy with blonde hair that shines like summer when the sunlight catches his soft strands, small but in an adorable way, and his doe brown eyes that stay gentle and sweet just as much as his voice is.

Woah there. Okay, yeah that's a bit too much observation, Jaeun.

To my disappointment, I can't seem to find him. Unintentionally my lips respond curving down into a frown as a glum sigh leaves them. I don't even realize the guy sitting next to me is asleep until I feel some weight on my shoulder only to finally become aware of him resting his head on my shoulder lightly snoring.

The frown still hasn't escaped. It just got worse with me trying to scoot to the right, but I don't want him irritated, so I just stay still, hands clasped together, leaving troubled breaths, and of course a worried, weak, helpless face of a puppy's.

Maybe I'm not helpless once there isn't any weight on my shoulder. Immediately I look to my left discovering the exact boy I described, sitting in the seat behind of me while supporting the guy's head with his hand gently yet firmly.

Jimin looks at me, tilting his head ever so slightly. Those lips of his pull up in one end, giving me a reassuring smile. Maybe that's all I need. Sometimes I think he's doing all of this for no reason or how a dog is loyal to their owner.

However, Jimin is human. I can't let him circling around me anymore. It can get dangerous when I haven't been honest with him at all.

And without my intention, a smile appears on my face anyway. Deep inside it's painful.

I don't want to hurt him by holding in the truth. My brain says otherwise, stay away from him.

By the time the metro bus reaches my stop. I walk down the aisle lane, hearing the rhythm of my heart weakening every time Jimin pops up in my mind.

When I exit the bus, I hear my name being called and the guy taking short breaths quickly from running.

I turn around, waiting. Unfortunately, my tongue slips, "Why are you always following me?"

He raises a brow, chuckles either out of nervousness or bewilderment. Judging from his face, he isn't bewildered one bit.

"I should be asking you the question," he pauses, "why are you always so rude, kind the next?" Silence fills in, yet Jimin's laughing and I don't even know why. I don't even know how to answer him. "You're really dense, I thought you're more clever," again another laugh, his eyes are hurt, though. "I like you, Jaeun. It may have been almost a month and we're nowhere closer as friends or anything, but just so you know, I cherish you a lot. It'd hurt to see you troubled or upset."

Then he leaves, and I'm standing there like I confessed and got rejected.

And then it starts raining heavily with thunder shouting, rain drenching me in like a single tear escaping the corner of my eye even after withstanding this emotion I don't know.

A/N: It's been so long since I've updated, yes I know, and I truly apologize for that. Apparently, I have writer's block, all this time I thought I just couldn't write, but no it's legit writer's block dun dun dun! However, I'm going to solve my way around that and write garbage, then clean it up nicely hehe

Which I believe I've done with this chapter for Alexa 😊 although it's long whOOps

My schedule for the summer, it has been everywhere since my cousins came over, but I'll solve that starting today because it's already the 11th of June and look where I am. DOING NOTHING BUT ABSOULETLY HANGING OUT WITH MY COUSINS, READING WHEN I CAN, AND SLEEPING TOO MUCH HAHA RIP

Make sure to drink plenty of water, eat healthily, exercise here and there, and get your sleep! Do not sleep late, or at least try not to. And if you ever want to talk, drop a message on my message board. I'll happily respond as soon as possible

Thank you for reading 💖