Sixteen

. . .

・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧ ✧・゚: *      

❝ Two-sided can be confusing, what's more, is how you handle it ❞

Jimin

Shit. That's the first word that jumps alive in mind and out of my mouth. How can one just simply tell the other party how they feel directly when they know the other party's zone of comfort? I am the most idiotic person alive.

By now I'm walking down the street of Orlando with my head down, thinking what I said to Jaeun earlier. Luckily, I got an umbrella along the way.

I replay in my mind what occurred earlier.

"Why are you always following me?"

He raises a brow, chuckles either out of nervousness or bewilderment. Judging from his face, he isn't bewildered one bit.

"I should be asking you the question," he pauses, "why are you always so rude, kind the next?" Silence fills in, yet Jimin's laughing and I don't even know why. I don't even know how to answer him. "You're really dense, I thought you're more clever," again another laugh, his eyes are hurt, though. "I like you, Jaeun. It may have been almost a month and we're nowhere closer as friends or anything, but just so you know, I cherish you a lot. It'd hurt to see you troubled or upset."

Then he leaves, and I'm standing there like I confessed and got rejected.

And then it starts raining heavily with thunder shouting, rain drenching me in like a single tear escaping the corner of my eye even after withstanding this emotion I don't know.

I almost saw her in tears.

I hate seeing Jaeun or anyone close to me upset.

Honk, Honk, Honk!

My mind snaps back to reality hearing a car honk.

So I look up, my eyes meeting a familiar small black car as the window rolls down allowing me to see someone I thankfully know—Mr. Lee, my personal assistant, and bodyguard.

Black sunglasses sit at the bridge of his nose, wearing a black and white suit. His dark brown hair's neatly parted and a curve slowly reaches the corner left of his mouth, and then he chuckles deeply. Out of nowhere, my throat's dry and a gulp flows in.

My breath is suddenly shallow too. Another gulp. Another gulp. And again, and my palms are sweating, it's like we're having a staring contest until he speaks, clearing his throat.

"Sir Jimin, your father asks your presence for the meeting then party of our latest release technology that will finally take establishment, and he wants no interruptions or silliness, foolishness, or any of your clever acts."

And then he steers his car, leaving. But I react quickly, thinking over what Mr. Lee mentioned.

"Hey, wait! Mr. Lee! Stop! Please stop your car!" He doesn't reply or halt, but as soon as I yell again, my feet are doing all the work, running after him when he slams on the breaks, slide out from the car, shuts the door, and stands tall, doing a little quirky smile.

"Park Jimin, sir, I have great news for you." Mr. Lee's voice boasts rich golden found from the deepest and farthest part of planet earth—booming an explosion, a smile of his I've never seen before slithers venomously across his face like a snake.

When he takes off the sunglasses, stashes them in the back pocket of his pant, he lets out a broad astute chuckle.

Unknowingly I'm taking steps towards him with each pound my heart makes, jumping then punching against my chest about to go over the edge.

Once I take my last step, coming to strict eye contact with him, I'm standing taller than my height for some reason which baffles me, yet somewhere inside I know what stands before me.

Mr. Lee is hiding something I don't know off.

The color of his copper-golden eyes doesn't flicker as they used to or what I've heard from my mother before she passed away. They've darkened, and so has the weather, raining cats and dogs.

"What do you want," confidence, escapes my mouth and marks my usual innocence appearance. A little tension ends with it too, though. My eyes shake and fists are curled up, but all I care for now is for him to answer.

"Oh. I don't want you, money, your girlfriends, your family or anything alike." I'm starting to lose my mind. First I don't have girlfriends. Second I might give him a punch, but I'm nowhere brilliant and tough as Jaeun.

"Stop playing games, Mr. Lee."

"The game's already started, you and your company Amazon are quite bright, but not as creative and quick-witted as me. I'll let you think about it, or you simply allow me to play with the latest technology a company has to release."

"No, what is it you specifically want anyway?"

"That is for your queasy little brains to solve, or maybe why not begin with who's precious to your belonging that holds the destiny of Amazon one day. Park Jimin, you are brilliant in many ways, and will never realize what's true or a lie, your so easy and fun you think. Maybe it's time you have yourself some adventure. I'll say goodbye, and you say see you later, and then we play, Park Jimin, son of Amazon's Ceo."

A/N: I have no regrets, let's play the game Mr. Lee has told us, shall we? I wrote this before the flight to Florida, yesterday and today 😉 The words in dark italicization are the memory or rewind of what occurred earlier like movies/dramas.

Thank you for reading! As always, love you 💖