Six

. . .

・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧ ✧・゚: *  

  ❝ She was stronger than stone, braver than a bear, but has a heart of a hundred heavenly hummingbirds ❞

Jaehee

"There are tryouts for boxing, and I heard that you've participated last year. Many people depended on you, but when the finals came, you didn't participate . . . and it was because. . . . "

His voice falters, noticing my expressionless face, no color visible in my eyes, every single color left my skin at the mention of boxing.

I hate boxing.

Don't even ask why.

I used to love it, but now I just have hatred towards it.

Jimin places a hand on my shoulder, turning me around to face him.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have even started this topic. I'm really sorry, I won't talk about it again. I swear." He sounds so honest, so precise, and that's what I like about him.

He draws his hand vertically like a zipper right in front of his lips, managing a small smile.

I take in his brown eyes, radiant face, soft brown hair,  cute little actions, and that's when realization throws me over the cliff.

I'm developing a crush. Oh no.

We're staring at each other, breathing steadily with our chest rising and falling, all of the sudden the bell rang, hinting for 4th period . . . Government and Economics.

"I—I should go . . . "

I realize the bell has rung and the library's almost empty as everyone had evacuated quicker than my thought process at the moment.

He just stares at me until he comes back to reality, rubbing the side of his neck, and chuckles under his breath.

Economics and Government were the least of my nightmare.

After school, I had to deal with thieves and other rival gang members roaming around our street just so nothing happens to my family.

Well, face it, Jaeun.

Your brother already has been to jail many times, you can't be next.

Standing up quickly, I gather my textbook and pull a strap of my backpack over my shoulder, push in the chair, and head out the exit door just when a hand swiftly grasps my wrist, whirling me around and backs me up against a bookshelf.

His hands are placed to the right above my shoulder, eyes peering into my own.

But being aloof, my hands voluntarily push against his chest with him stumbling off to the side.

And just like that, my feets carry me to the exit door, proudly but I stop in my tracks, hearing a loud alarming voice ring in my ears.

Even the librarian woke from her daze, adjusting the glasses at the bridge of her nose.

"Hey!"

It is Jimin.

Jimin's voice.

Of course, it's him.

Then he glares at me, opening his mouth to speak.

Understanding the problem, I anyway waved him off, laughing under my breath as my destination was near.

"SONG JAEUN, HEY!"

As if without even knowing, my eyes widen to which felt wider than I can ever imagine and every little cell that makes me up has been squeezed, pressed together, caving in . . . my heart altogether dropped at the sound of my name being called like that.

Park Jimin.

Thunderstruck on my feet, on my legs, on my face, on my eyes.

His voice sounded so loud, so angry, so aggravated

Oh dear lord, what have I done wrong?

Officially it happened.

I was reminded of my past within a moment of silence. A tear rolled off my cheek, but I wiped it off, pretending I'm okay.

Nothing happened in the past.

You're Song Jaeun, fighter Song Jaeun.

"Are you seriously just gonna leave me like that and not answer my question, while I understand boxing is a difficult topic for you. But you can't just ignore someone and pretend to be sweet and all."

Immediately my heart rips apart.

Every living cell within me collapse and my fists curl up, clenching onto the jacket tied around my waist.

"You're just making this more difficult. I have no intention of friendship let alone being in a relationship."

A/N: I think I just flipping ruined my writing and this chapter

Thank you so much for 1k+ reads everyone, I hope you guys are having a magnificent day and are enjoying yummy food. Make sure to stay hydrated and take small breaks when you need them.💜💜💖💖💖💖💜💜💜💜💖💖  

Always, love you

Hayun