Thirteen

A/N: Some chapters will be longer because I need more words 😥  Sorry if you don't enjoy long chapters, but still hope you're enjoying the book so far! 😂💖

K_JkVll I dedicated this chapter to you because your comments made me laugh so hard, not saying others don't, and because the action is rising so I especially wanted to dedicate this chapter to you hehe

. . .

   ・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧ ✧・゚: *    

  ❝ There's a story behind everyone's exterior surface ❞

Jimin

When we enter from the back of the house, Seokjin leads us through the ocean of people swimming away to one another. Then he's gone.

Jaeun walks next to me, eyes searching for her ex-boyfriend's room perhaps. From the corner of my eye, I can see a couple making out against the wall. I dare not to look any further when Jaeun calls out to me, grabbing my attention.

"Come on, Jimin! We're almost there," she sounds positive, however, trashing someone's house is illegal.

There's a group of men in the living room. Some are standing up. Few are sitting on the dark soft brown sofa with their legs spread apart, arms folded across their chest as they concentrate on a specific man speaking. Two men sit across from each other, eyes staring deeply into each other's souls.

What catches my eyes is a suitcase opening, tons of dollars stashed in there. I turn around,  Jaeun's not in my sight, and fret attacks me.

"You know this is a very difficult situation. We have no choice for the streets in the city of Gisung and in Orlando of Florida. Let's do this calmly. I'll pay you 10 million," a man dips his head before looking directly at the one with raven hair in the eye sternly. The other chuckles, his lips pull at one end in a devilish grin, hands clasped.

"Mr. Song Donghyun, you know we aren't here to bet. I want more," he snickers.

Mr. Song turns stone cold but puts up a facade.

His lips curve a frown, grimacing as he meets the other's blood curling voice. His voice is rough, deep, eerie. "As in, may I ask?" Mr. Song remains tranquil.

"Your daughter." The man sitting across replies, pure grimace paints his face as he chuckles under his breath. "Shouldn't we settle our deep rivalry by an arranged marriage with my son, Eric Kang?"

Mr. Song stands his ground, clenching his teeth.

Jaeun? Arranged marriage? Why should I worry?

You dunce, you care about her! 

Mr. Song stands up furiously, slamming his hands against the table between them and grits his teeth, shooting him a glare. "My daughter is off limits unless stated otherwise. Last time Eric and Jaeun dated, their relationship went downhill. Now you're asking for my daughter's hand?"

I catch Jaeun's gaze and she's frozen.

Her eyes are painfully filled with tears.

And she's standing dangerously near them.

"Yes, less war more love."

A tall man appears, walking down the red stairs. His raven hair is parted, eyes a deep ocean blue, and his face is gorgeous. Is that Eric?  "Ah, my son, Eric, hurry over here." Damnit, it is. I have to get her away. She can't listen anymore.

My feet carry me through the crowd and I'm able to not seem suspicious.

I reach for Jaeun's hand from behind, slip mine in and interlock our fingers together. I'm greeted with her gasping. I turn her around, push her gently against the wall, closing my hand over her mouth. Her bright soft brown eyes are alarmed. There's nothing but immense terror written in the windows of her soul that my heart even faints.

I try to calm her, pulling her into a hug, yet it's not working because she's crying silently, "I'm going to get you somewhere safe," her head snaps up, eyes meeting mine.

"Don't try it, Eugene Fitzherbert," she says, throwing a light punch at my shoulder.

"Try what, Rapunzel?"

"Flirt, moron."

Sounds of footsteps near us.

Terror shoots us. I grasp her hand and run out.  We're out of their sight, swinging back and forth lightly on a swing. Out of nowhere, she speaks up.

"I'm dangerous," she says, bluntly, holding back tears.

"That I know you are," I smirk and she jumps out of the swing, throws me a gentle punch at my arm. She continues to do so, frowning, but starts giggling at my groans.

Once I can't take it anymore, my hand catches her in mine, and hold it firmly.

Her eyes widen.

"Yeah, I am strong. Don't underestimate me," I deadpan. She laughs nervously, struggling to free her hand from mine. She looks at me cutely, tilting her head.

Stop that, you're hurting my heart.

"Jimin—" she pauses, looking at me as if she's going to regret this. "I was raised to protect my city. And well—will break your mouth if you ask any more questions."

Silence.

"Hey, it's okay."  Jaeun nods, her face is red in anger, steaming.

"Say, do you want a job?"

"Sign me up!" Happiness paints her features.

She looks at me and realizes I didn't say this.

Seokjin did.

"Are you sure, it's more voice recording kind of job."

"Impersonating anyone is my sh—" her eyes widen and then soften as my hand's closed over her mouth. She removes my hand and holds it. And she smiles.

"Fine, no cursing."

A/N: And the offer of bussiness has started, Jaehee lied about her identity sort of, she's getting an arranged marriage with her ex-boyfriend, Seokjin has made his entrance into the story, and Jimin's developing feelings for fighter Jaehee 😏 plus the action has finally started.

When I say this, I mean grab popcorns and sit tight because though this is a rom-com, sadly angst has to be in my stories one way or another 😎 Thank you for reading and while you're at it, please share ALEXA to anyone who'd be interested, add it to your library for updates. Votes and comments are always appreciated 

I'm flipping worried about how this book is gonna turn out when it's finished lol I love you guys and don't forget to take care of yourselves 💖💛 💚 💙 💜