Five

. . .

  ・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧ ✧・゚: *

❝ He was gentle like a brush paint, sweet as sugar, but wasn't timid enough to hear the truth until he saw trust in my eyes and I found trust in him ❞

Jaehee

He is standing next to a bookshelf, leaning against it almost as if his legs had given up on him. It didn't seem like he'd be such a weak bone at all, although he appeared frail the first day we met. Maybe that's how it was for a person coming from a wealthy family.

I don't blame him.

I usually thought to be rich meant you'd have this large mansion, castle-like, or in a more sense a palace of corridors extending from point A to B illuminated by the sun's light swimming through the tall window, and roses, dandelions, tulips, orchids blossoming below the window with hummingbirds flapping their wings at the rate of my heart when he catches me glancing at him, flipping a page, looking into the windows of my soul.

His lips pull up as an invisible string had done it and his whole face suddenly brightens the moment we met each other's gaze—I find myself unable to resist his full smile, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear, lowering my eyes back to Government and Economics Textbook.

"What are you reading?" Ren hovers over my shoulder, eyes glazing each and every word feeding her hungry brain. I shoo her away, can't help noticing how he caught my gaze and did a little smile.

She left, understanding the situation of my reddened face, and caught Jimin looking in our direction.

I'm not the type to make friends with guys let alone get in a relationship.

Before the bell could ring within five minutes I could already feel every inch of myself being drawn to him until I figure he was sitting next to me at a table. I feel his hand over mine, his thumb grazing over my knuckles softly, then entwining our fingers.

He laughs under his breath, "Does this make you uncomfortable?"

"Shut up, duckling," I kick at his leg, curling my fists into the textbook's page tightly, my cheeks burning with embarrassment.

The corners of my mouth drop into a thin straight line, gritting my teeth, I whisper under my breath, forcing a sweet smile, "If you want another punch, I'd gladly get Jisoo to create a masterpiece out of you."

In that one heated minute, his mouth drops, curving a frown, and his hands raised at his side in protest. He looks worriedly at me with those light caramel twinkling brown puppy eyes, pouting while I gave him a deadpan look.

"Please don't let Jisoo punch me," He desperately urged, voice faint. And I realize how his shoulders had raised, his face had turned almost deathly white at the name of Jisoo.

He's really afraid of her. But all she did was grab him from the back of his shirt. It can't be that terrifying, is it? Or is it perhaps because of the family I come from, participating in a street fight I'm not afraid?

"Alright, I won't let her. I won't let anyone hurt you."

"You're lying?" He questioned.

"No." I answered, my eyes boring at the textbook, "I just don't like seeing others suffer," I explained, falling my head against the textbook, banging it there, lifting my head up, and meet his gaze. "What are you thinking about now?" Something tells me it's not good news from how his lips pull back to a wide exuberant smile where his eyes have squinted.

"There are tryouts for boxing, and I heard that you participated last year. Many people depended on you, but when the finals came, you didn't participate . . . and it was because. . . . "

A/N: *smirks* I wonder what's the reason why Jaehee didn't participate in the finals for Boxing? *Pretends not to know* 😎😆 💖💖

Always, love you —

Hayun