Eight

A/N: Lowkey feel terrible for Jimin in this book. I've already mentioned Jaehee is a street fighter so hold on tight  😭 

. . .

   ・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧ ✧・゚: *      

    ❝ Just stay here for a little while—maybe longer ❞  
Jaehee

He smiles where his eyes are twinkling like stars, and lets out a soft chuckle under his breath. I've realized we're back in the position when we introduced ourselves, his arm around me as I'm pressed against his chest.

While we're practically opposites, I can't help but feel small once his eyes land on mine or if he's near me.

I just feel a sudden urge to be near him.

Protect him.

My fists curl into the fabric of his shirt as if I need something to hold onto before I break.

His shoulders raise in revelation, but then he pulls me closer to him if that's ever possible. Now I'm up so close against him, head placed on his right shoulder, tears threatening to drop.

I'm contemplating if he can hear my heart pound against his chest. I too wonder if his heart is racing. I want to talk to him, keep him company, be his number one.

But I don't say that.

Instead, I say the dumbest shit.

"I love you," like those three words were just wanting to jump out of my heart and paint that smile he has on his flustered, confused face now.

Gosh, you're an idiot, Jaeun.

"I love you too," he murmurs softly, then his smile drops, "Please be more careful."

"But you do love me!" My fists pound against his chest, not satisfied with his answer.

He probably has a girlfriend.

My eyelids are heavy now. Still, there's a big smile carved on my face. My hand in the air, dives below in a curve, fists coming in contact with his chest.

He groans, but laughs, grabbing my hands midair when I just about made another punch, letting out my anger on him.

When I get drunk all sorts of mishaps begin. However, I'm still aware of everything I'm doing.

The disappointing part is . . . I don't remember anything afterward and act needy.

"Park Jimin!" A male's voice, rough and stern around the edges calls out.

Jimin's shoulders raise, eyes widen, and he whips his head over his shoulder, answering back to whoever that man was.

"Yes, father?" He asks, voice shaking slightly, looking back at me, worriedly.

"Be prepared for tomorrow's meeting. We're going to be counting stars!" I hear the man boast, chuckling brightly.

At this point, my arms close around Jimin, leaning into him so I can sniffle his shirt. It reminds me of home and my nose just rubs there and his eyes fall on mine, widening when they were staring at the door for like trillion minutes.

"How much did you drink?" He asks, concern flowing out his mouth.

My arms secure tightly around him, nuzzling his shirt.

I giggle at my own actions.

He's astonished, mouth agape, but closes his mouth, sighing before he pulls me away, and crouches.

"Get on."

And being the stubborn person I am, I reply, "No . . . Jiminie."

His eyes again widened. Face-palming himself, he sighs of frustration. Though, I can see a very bright red hue painting his entire cheeks as I crouch next to him.

My arm extends, hand reaching out, and tangles in his blonde hair.

I ruffle his hair softly, and can't help but to smile at his frozen state, eyes wide. The bangs of his hair fall, hiding his forehead.

I can't see his eyes anymore.

Jimin's head snaps up slowly, meeting my gaze, and he just stares at me. I'm staring at him too I realize, releasing my hand away from his hair. As soon as my hand leaves his hair, he quickly grasps my wrist at midair.

Our eyes are deadlocked, and I don't want this staring contest to end.

"We're going inside, getting you safe and sound, and to sleep before we're dead meat."

The moment he says this, his arm comes around my back and his other one loops under my legs, lifting me into his arms swiftly with no difficulty at all. I clutch his shirt, wanting to look at him, but he does instead. He looks at me with those concerned, affectionate eyes drowning me in.

A/N: I think I died writing this chapter because I could perfectly imagine this scene and I just—became so warm inside and all  😆😆  Idk it's just the scene in my head was so—soft, cute, and in a way sad because poor Jaeun is drunk.

You'll find out why she's drunk in the next chapter and will be shook for another thing too! 😉