Ten

. . .

・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧ ✧・゚: *

   ❝ We're not meant for each other . . . for I'll put you in danger ❞    

Jaehee

I wake up gasping as if all the oxygen disappeared, heart throbbing against my chest and the blood gushing through my veins reach my ears, coloring them a dangerous rose, pricking my ear as a painful memory submerges me.

I want to scream.

I thought I could save my father, but I hurt myself alone.

My eyes adjust to the sunlight dancing on my face, then falls on a gorgeous blonde hair guy sleeping soundly next to me, his hand wrapped around my arm.

His vanilla face is sunkissed with those plump lips. The serenity of his face, all the softness urges me to wrap my arms around him, and stay in his arms forever.

But my brain switches on and I scream.

And he wakes up in a jolt, frightened out of his cats.

A cat meows.

Oh well, perfect.

He's sitting up, looks at me, his concern eyes causing a hue of red to crawl up my cheeks.

He laughs softly at my shocked expression, running a hand through his tousled hair. But then he stops, lays a hand on my arm, and calls me out.

"Jaeun, are you okay?" He pauses, noticing my woebegone face.

"Yeah . . . I just need to recollect and rest."

I lied.

Jimin moves his hand from my arm towards my shoulder and rests his hand there until I feel the pressure of his other hand on my shoulder.

Both of his hands are resting there and he's looking at me with those same puppy concerned eyes. "Song Jaeun." His voice is strong, loud, not enough to hurt me, enough to wake me up.

"Yeah?" My voice shakes, eyes glass layered before they meet his warm ones.

I calm down when he traces circles at my back, pulling me into his arms. I find myself leaning into him, my chin on his shoulder. Without even realizing my hand curls into a fist at his shirt as a sudden silent heavy rain cloud bursts inside my chest.

He realizes this and continues to trace circles softly with the pad of his thumb at my back.

Then I cry and let all the ocean out that's been locked up inside me and he's here, not leaving my side. He only whispers sweet nothings into my ear, strokes my arm as to soothe me. When we pull away, I'm a mess, colorless, as if death kissed me.

He's just staring at me, eye to another, searching. But I'm leaning into him again, wrapping my arms around him.

He doesn't seem to mind.

"Sorry," it comes out weak and it feels so wrong to be.

I've never let anyone comfort me after the day I killed a person.

Jimin's strong, affectionate voice pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Do you feel better? Is there anything else I can do? You can stay at my house for long as you like except I'm afraid we're moving back to Seoul in two days."

All of the sudden my heart drops and stops beating.

I don't want you to leave. Stay with me, I need you.

"Jaeun, I'll be leaving but we can exchange each other's numbers."

"I'm really sorry, I've been acting up and it's only putting you in trouble," I say this from the bottom of my heart, sighing as I see the time on the digital clock, sitting on the nightstand.

9:00 AM and a bright never-ending summer inviting us warmth. A pair of arms wraps from behind me, leaving me blushing when a familiar voice whispers in my ear.

"About last night. . . ."

I shut him up by grabbing a pillow, turning around in his arms, and throw it at his face. His eyes shut animatedly, lips carving a beautiful playful smile. "Okay, I'm sorry! But you weren't exactly you last night. And you kissed me—"

I'm too shocked. Without warning I find myself punching at the pillow in aggravation, then head out of the bedroom. I look over my shoulder, my tone dull and serious, "Leave me alone, you'll regret me."

Before I'm gone, I feel his hand grab ahold of my arm.

There's no vulnerability in his voice when he says, "I'll never regret you."

A/N: Ahhh it feels so good after I finished my exams/finals. I'm not so sure if my tenses are correct as I'm still learning and growing as a writer, so if you see any mistakes please point them out kindly 💖

Jaeun's character will start being more stronger in the upcoming chapters around 12 and so on and if you are wondering about why the story is called ALEXA . . . you'll see in CH 13 😎

Thank you for reading, take care of yourselves. Keep yourself warm if it's cold and make sure to stay hydrated 💖 💛 💚 💙 💜