Twenty Two

. . .

・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧ ✧・゚: *

❝ Don't say forever won't last, we'll meet again, do all sorts of crazy and fun stuff. Our conversations over the phone may be a while, but we'll see each other again I know, I just know, don't worry❞

Jimin

We head for the window and jump in, suddenly clinging onto each other at the sudden screaming of exuberance with familiar faces, Heejung, Jungkook, Taehyung, and Hana, classmates from our school. Our eyes widen at a figure slowly making an appearance from the darkness coating the room. His rich brown hair parted, eyes melted roast nuts, and he radiated a complexion of a prince from a fairytale.

"Seokjin?" Both of us exclaim in surprise, taking in sudden appearance.

He smiled, taking steps towards our classmates and draped an arm around them, giving their shoulders a squeeze. It was all too much to process but the joyful expression that shined in their eyes, laughter dancing around the room, a smile all too sweet to be true, broke me into a grin.

"I have to talk with Jaehee, and I thought why not throw a surprise birthday party for our friend? But you know, this was all Jaehee's idea."

It wasn't a sweet smile you'd be mistaken like the forbidden fruit, instead, it was the one you'd fall for at first sight. Jaehee's smile was not too beautiful or too awkward, just right in between with the perfect big hit when you win something.

Everything made sense now, they all planned a birthday party for me together. It wasn't just Jaehee, she was the first step to the surprise, who apparently did well, although she didn't seem the type to enjoy birthdays.

・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧ ✧・゚: *

"Hey, Jaehee." My mind's circling around the fact she's the mafia's daughter and everything else that's tied to her title, her getting married to her ex-boyfriend, why did she even quit boxing, if that kiss meant anything. . . .

It wasn't even a kiss, just a peck on the forehead—

What, are you insane? It was a kiss and friends don't kiss each other unless they have feelings for each other dimwit.

We're sitting on the sofa in an abandoned bedroom, relaxing from all the games we played earlier.

"Yeah, Jimin?"

My heart pounds against my chest, afraid I might slip up.

"Why'd you quit boxing?"

"I'm scared that I might hurt anyone. I've been taught all my life to trust no one, always have your guard up . . . being the mafia's daughter isn't what I asked for, all I want is to live peacefully."

And I don't know why I find myself standing up when a slow song starts playing in the background. My arm extends, hand out for her to reach.

I'm not expecting her to do so, but she does, springing lightly to her feet, and there's this beautiful smile on her face contradicting the tears burning her cloudy caramel eyes.

"I'm sorry I asked . . . um, may I have this dance?" Changing the topic might as well be better, her eyes tell me she doesn't want to talk about it. I raise a brow, her eyes softening, she smiles in return, laughing softly. With a tilt of her head, she nods.

One of our hands slowly come together, touching softly before our fingers intertwine. She's hesitant, her eyes say everything, so I take the lead. When our fingers have finally entwined, I bring my hand to her hip and she puts her hand on my shoulder, blushing.

I'm also lightly blushing. Our eyes are locked, moving from one eye to another as if searching for something as we move side to side first before going around in a box-like pattern, however, the sudden ringing causes us to look down, a blushing mess.

It's both of our phones.

"Jaehee—"

"Jimin—"

"I have to go . . ." our cheeks redden, realization falling onto us.

"You go first, mine's not that important anyway." She says, her eyes dropping to the floor.

"No, you should."

"Jimin, I—I told you it's not important."

"Everything that deals with you is important, you are important. You are important to me, Jaehee, okay?" I tell her, hands on her shoulder, searching her eyes desperately.

"It's Eric."

"Didn't I tell you to stay away from him?"

"Jimin, I can't—it's complicated. But leave that alone, what about you?"

"I have to leave, our flight is in an hour."

A/N: Things are about to get interesting hehe