Fourteen

. . .

  ・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧ ✧・゚: *      

❝ Safety comes first ❞

Jaehee

Everyone's eyes are glued to words that are printed on pages. Their eyes stay focused on words of the books they're reading, knowing our English three teacher has her predator eyes on us preys.

Not necessarily as if she's going to eat us alive. Haha no.

"Hey, you know that girl with the dark brown hair who stood up to Yuna?" A guy leans in, whispering to his friend while the light brunette has his phone out, laying on the book and chuckles. The other grins satisfied, his eyes darkening.

"Kim Beomseok and Choi Heejung," our teacher, Mrs. Wang calls out sternly, giving the two men a glare as she arises from her desk chair.

I almost jump out of my seat, glaring at the two with a fist formed, hoping they'd understand what I'm getting across.

I feel eyes on me.

Why do I always feel eyes on me?

"Hey, sexy, show us some of those karate moves," Beomseok says, his lips curling into a cruel grin, eyes menacingly dark.

Heejung puts an arm on Beomseok, looking at him with a soft glare, motioning him to not cause any war.

If Beomseok does, then civil war five will start.

"It's not karate, it's Judo, Aikido, and Taekwondo," I say. Heejung warns him by gripping his arm, squeezing it aggressively to get his attention.

Immediately this catches Beomeok's attention, he groans quietly, whispering leave me alone or worse will occur. For a second my eyes land on fudge crescent eyes, recognizing it's Heejun. We hold each other's gaze but then his eyes rip away from mine. From the corner of my eyes, I see him drawing so lightly, head supported by another hand.

He seems so focused.

When I caught him warning Beomseok about consequences of arguing or fighting.

I don't know why but I saw innocence and endearment visible in those fudge eyes any girl would stare at all day any day.

He didn't deserve this vulnerability, no right for whatever he believes in.

He didn't deserve being Beomseok's friend.

My mind is drawing pictures just like Heejung once our teacher's alarm goes off, waking us all us from our deep sleep of paradise or hell.

Whatever we dreamt off. I didn't sleep.

I can't sleep.

Who can possibly sleep when you already have so many thoughts circling around your entire life?

I turn around, looking to my right, then left, and take a seat, about to open my book back to the page I was on, but someone snoring lightly catches me off guard.

Eventually, my eyes find a boy laying his head on arms as a headrest, eyes soft even if they are shut.

His chest rises with each breath he takes. And suddenly I'm thinking everything wrong.

That I want to breathe the same pace as him. That I want my heartbeat to match his. That I want him and me but one problem is Eric. Which leads to many other problems as well. After a few minutes, realization slaps across my face, eyes wide. Our teacher isn't here.

I mentally sketch my notes of reasons why she'd be gone.

Possibilities to why someone is gone or disappeared

1. Either they need to use the restroom or drink some water since they forgot to bring a water bottle

2. They missed an appointment or someone called for them

3. Went to get something such as some papers from the library's printer or went to get something in general

4. Ditched the place

I go with option one because option four is too much and the rest don't exactly seem likely. Everyone is fully awake by the time thunder decides to make an entrance, startling half of the class, and suddenly the announcement hitches before coming to process.

Her voice shakes, unsteady, a bit breathy too.

Is our principle okay?

"Lock down. This is a lock down.Teachers, please escort your students to the safest, farthest back of the class, and make sure the lights are shut, everyone is quiet, and hidden until the officer arrives to keep us checked."

And with that, the whole class widens their eyes, alarmed. I don't.

They all scramble back to the classroom, some leave their phone in their backpack, some bring it with them.

We try to fit in, squeeze even, and our voices have gone silent at the sound of a door being banged on.

Then I realize something more than our teacher, not present.

Jimin.

He's sound asleep at his desk.

My breath catches in my throat. The color of my eyes weaken.

Panic heats my entire body and I want to run over, help Jimin to safety.

So I hoist to my feet and make a dash for it but the sound of a light bulb sizzling distracts me, a knock at the door light yet wary drums Jumanji inside my chest.

A shadow of a person appears at the entrance of the door, outside the classroom, jerking the knob agressively.

My eyes are alarmed.

I'm scared and I don't like that.

Another jerk at the knob aggressively causes my heart to faint.

The fact the person leans in to look, I'm apologetic at this point, and roll over, leaving Jimin there in sight.

A/N: Hewo! So I know my updates are lacking sksksksks but during spring break I will be more active and preparing for my exams as well. In the gif, Jimin is representing to vanish, Hobi is representing hope for surviving just in case you got confused lol

I don't know, was the chapter suspenseful enough? I'm not good with suspensesee, mystery, action, or horror writing but hopefully, I will improve. Do make sure to get your rest and think happy thoughts

ALSO TXT TRAILER HAS ME DEAD LIKE HOW ARE THEY ALL SO ADORABLE AND HANDSOME AT THE SAME TIME. SO LIKE THEY ALL BIAS WRECKED ME. AND WHOEVER WAS SINGING I--

I think I'm in love and calm down with the caps. Do you already have a bias in TxT, if so, who? And if not I feel ya

I'll see you in the next update 😆💖