Eleven

. . .

  ・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧ ✧・゚: *  

❝ And on and on we'll go. Through the wastelands, through the highways. 'Till my shadows turn to sunrays ❞ —  On and On; Cartoon

Jimin

To actually be a rebel wasn't something I'd act upon. When I was younger, my father had set strict rules and regulations. He wanted us to be seen as the oh so perfect and so growing up obedient felt like a curse, like Rapunzel trapped in a tower.

In this case, I'm the girl.

Why can't I just act a little tougher?

"What are you doing? Hurry up or else we're going to be late!" Jaeun spins around, a large bright smile casts over her once despondent face. She looks so beautiful right then and there—that I just stood there, admiring her eyes shining, her mouth closing.  And the night twinkled as shooting stars raced down each other.

"I'm coming, can't you be any more impatient?"

"Why would I when it's important business!"

"Seriously, what else could be less important than this specific assignment you've tagged me along on?" I say, raising an eyebrow.

Her lips press into a tight smile, and when she shook her head, giving a small smile, she runs toward me, yanking me by the sleeve and slipped her hand in mine. It's quite astonishing how she seems to switch from cold to warm.

We walked around the neighborhood going nowhere.  It occurred to me the moment we're at a gas station, we're alone and it's late. There was a puddle sitting on the concrete still. She's dragging me into an adventure.

Well, this is just great!

Because Jaeun's up to no good.

Judging from the snacks she's buying—Lays, Ruffles, Pringles, Kit Kats, M&M's, Twix, Snicker bars, Dibs bite-size frozen dairy dessert, chips, chips, and chips.  

And ropes, paint, and paint.

As we're walking through the convenience store aisles, she scrolls the trolley, eyes glazing over the variety of snacks, soft drinks, groceries and I'm practically following her tail. After seemingly an hour of shopping, she finishes, and I'm lost in my own thoughts.

The little bell attached to the entrance door rings, I snap out of my own world, realizing she's gone.

I scurry out of the convenience stoor, bumping into someone's shoulder, and bow, saying my apologies. My eyes follow up the black suit towards a hidden face from a black cap and glasses sitting on the bridge of his nose.

He just stays silent and leaves quietly without any apology.

He chuckles under his breath, his eyes falling on mine, and then on the girl sitting on the stairs of the convenience store as she munches on Dibs. Her long hair tied in a ponytail flows past down her shoulder while her body raises and the wind escapes right past me, creating a tingling sensation.

I don't have a good idea about this. I never did.

"Oh, you're here? What took you so long? Look there's a truck right here, I'll see you there," and she leaves me standing alone, bewildered. My eyes widen at her leaping into the trunk of the truck.

Did she just jump into someone else's truck?

Yeah, right. I'm hallucinating.

No, she absolutely defiantly jumped into someone else's truck.

But I do the opposite of what the angel on my right shoulder says. So, instead of being wise or yanking her away from trouble, I let myself dive into trouble, hurrying towards the truck, and climb gently onto the trunk, hurrying over to her side.

Then all of the sudden, my eyes widen.

The truck's engine growls and I'm about to freak out. However, Jaeun squeezes my shoulder as a sly smile slips across her face, her eyes enthusiastic.

"Want some?" She hands over a bag of Pringles, her mouth stuffed.

Is she okay?

"What are we doing again?" My hand shoves into the bag and I grab a handful of chips, handing the bag back to her.

"Mission trash your ex-boyfriend's house!"

"You're crazy!"

Jaeun smiles eagerly, eyes animated, and claps her hands together.

"You really like yourself— being crazy and unpredicted," her chest rises then falls, she looks at me as if she's truly happy

"You're crazy in a good way," then she actually smiles this time and I realize I'm also smiling.

A/N: I'm not exactly proud of this chapter but I'm 50% okay with it.

Happy holidays! I hope everyone had lots of fun and made many memories. Make sure to stay warm if it's cold there, nevertheless stay warm, cool, keep yourself hydrated, and go ahead treat yourself!

I want you guys to know that I make sure to read every single comment and reply to the best of my ability, that your comments make me squeal, laugh way too much, and warm. I truly appreciate you guys. 💖💖💜 💜

Thank you for reading. And if you haven't already, please share ALEXA to anyone who'd be interested, and add it your library for updates!