Twenty One

. . .

・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧ ✧・゚: *

Cuz girl, you gave me butterfly. I thought we'd walk together anywhere if we're together. Holding both of our hands, you and me. This is not a dream  — Hwall, The Boyz, Butterfly

Jaehee

Raising an eyebrow, various questions begin to poke me at every corner. Jimin looks at me with an intense gaze, the brown of his eyes darkening as his hand travels down my arm.

Then lightly back up, snaking around my wrist to slide his hand in mine.

"Stay away from Eric."

The gulp I held between my throat drops, "Easy, since that bastard is an ass—" before I could get the whole word out he looks at me sternly but then his eyes soften as if I'm everything to him that I'm only in his line of sight, and suddenly I'm distracted. Finding myself gazing into his own brown, soft, but deep-set eyes.

The silence coats the atmosphere around us, wind occasionally blowing in our direction, brushing past our shirts.

I don't even realize we're leaning closer till our thighs touch and the only thing that mattered was this boy looking at me lovingly held me captive. He made me feel safe and wanted.

And before I could muster up the courage to speak, he leans in, hand beside mine.

"How much longer are you going to make me wait?"

My eyes widen, cheeks flush red. I don't even know at this point who's heart is beating, yes we're practically inches from our bodies against each other which would result in hugging. That's exactly what happens when his arm comes around my back, pulling me into him.

My head is smooshed against his chest and I'm muffling countless curse words I can think in the back of my head. But the last word doesn't seem to make out as my heart seems to stop the moment he pulls away, gazing into my eyes.

And my heart isn't alive necessarily once I feel his plump lips softly press against my forehead, face beet red. My eyes close, breath hitched in my throat, hand moving to hold onto his shirt. He instead holds my hand, entwining our fingers together. There are butterflies swarming in my stomach and my face is hot.

There's this adorable and happy smile tugging at his lips, adorning his chiseled and delicate features as his cheeks flush red

I shake my head, forgetting it, and move on. I don't want this thought to bother me, but this moment still lingers in my heart.

"Don't follow me."

He does anyway, trying not to look all the way down.

Walking on the roof isn't pretty easy, although I'm the mafia's daughter. Almost losing balance, my eyes widen in horror, heartbeat pounding against my chest, Jimin grabs my arm on time and pulls me next to him.

"Even though you're the mafia's daughter, you should be careful," he warns lightly, concern flooding in his eyes. And I realize how much this boy cares about me, how much he means to me.

It's not like no other guys do since the first day we locked eyes and met it wasn't gentle but entertaining.

He's always so entertaining yet so sweet and careful.

I wonder what type of guy he was before he came to Florida. It saddens me because he's leaving back home today and it's almost ten-thirty, meaning he boards at twelve am.

"Jimin, you know that I'm the mafia's daughter and . . . " voice faltering, the memory of me as a kid flashes in my head, pain flooding through me.

"You can tell me when you're ready. I've already seen some stuff, oh god," he laughs, running a hand through his hair, eyes looking up in the sky, "you're father looks scary. He'd kill me if he found out I have feelings for you."

"That's not going to happen."

"Unfortunately, you may be strong, tough, quick, clearly the mafia's daughter—Jaehee, you make me want to protect you."

A/N: I'm not really proud of this chapter but I can't seem to stop writing this book. I love writing Alexa and I hope you enjoy reading as much. Why not you guys tell me what's your favorite moment of this book so far 💖💛 💚 💙 💜

Also yes I know the Alexa voice thing you're wondering about is arriving really soon.

I just have to get everything sailing before the actual party begins hehe yes Seokjin is making an entrance as well as the rest in the next chapter  😎