Second chance at life

Credit to my girl Fajita13 for this amazing cover page!
****************************************

Ten years ago

     "Come on Melody! Get up!" My hot twenty-one year old, patrol officer Marc shouted at me. Groaning, I pushed the thin blanket off my body and sat up rubbing my eyes. The cell's bright lights annoyed me and Marc barking orders at me did not help with my mood. "Come on! We don't have all year!"

     I lightly chuckled at him and stood up from the terrible bed to stretch my limbs. "Actually we had two years." Sending him a wink, I watched his jaw clench. "But who's counting?"

     Marc's dark green eyes narrowed whited caused me to freeze. "Stop being a brat." I rolled my eyes before cracking my neck. "Do you even want to leave Juvie? Because you may be turning sixteen tomorrow but that will not stop me from keeping you here." Stepping towards my cell, his eyes never left mine. "You're stupid good girl act won't last a second when you step into that Delinquency Center today." 

     I smirked. "Of course, not." Turning my back to him, I gathered my belongings. "I'll be even nicer to the workers there as I want to leave that hell hole." Clenching my jaw, I let out a breathe. "All because of one stupid mistake."

     "I wouldn't call killing someone a stupid mistake." Walking toward the dirty blond patrol officer, my eyes remain on his. "Don'y give me that look."

     "It was who I killed that was the mistake." I huffed while typing my dark red hair into a high ponytail. Memories flooded my mind as I crossed my arms over my chest. Marc was very tall, six foot to be exact and my head barley reached the bottom of his chin. He tried to look intimidating but it was not working. "Can I go now?" I asked while raising an eyebrow. "I got out early for a reason and that reason being for my good behaviour towards the staff. I was faking squat." Marc raised his eyebrow. "Okay, maybe I was faking."

     Marc smirked down at me as he opened my cell door. "I'm going to miss you kid."

     Stepping past him, I leaned into his chest. "I'm going to miss you too, Marcipoo."

     I watched in amusement as his eyes darken and a growl escaped his lips. "Do not call me that."

     My slim hand rested on his chest as I batted my eyelashes. "That's not what you said last night."

     Marc viciously removed my hand. "Shut up. It was a mistake." Just as I was about to open my mouth, he gripped my upper arm and dragged me towards the big grey doors. "Let's go."

     We passed by some traffic cones as each girl and boy there, sent me a glare. I knew they were jealous of my early escape from this hell but I couldn't help but to be happy. I waved goodbye to them before I shouted, "See you later bitches!" Marc quickly pushed the doors and slammed them behind us.

     Walking towards the office, Marc took out handcuffs and grabbed my backpack that I had on. Slinging it onto his shoulder, he placed my hands behind my back and cuffed me for protocol. Smirking, I decided to mess with him. "I didn't know it was cuffing season, babe. Better cuff me to the bed and teach me a lesson."

     "Shut up, you worthless slut." Marc spat as he shoved me forward.

     "Ouch. You almost hurt my feelings." Ignoring my comment, he threw me into a chair across the secretary's desk. I knew by the way he flashed his teeth at her and leaned over the counter, that we would be here for a while. I didn't have the patience to wait that long.

     Instead, I got up and made my way towards them. Their conversation stopped and the two sent me a glare. Flashing a fake smile, I leaned towards the woman before me who was clearly in her early twenties. "Hi, can I leave now?" The woman handed m a confused look as Marc groaned in annoyance. Picking up the keys in front of him, Marc dragged me towards the door as I shouted goodbye to the woman at the desk.