One Month

A month had past since the incident. I stopped caring. I knew I had Damiano but he didn't understand. He wasn't like Tyson and that was what hurt the most. He would pass by the home and speak to me. Stayed by me in class. But I was too scared to get hurt, too scared to let him in. I kept my guard up. Even when we went on our date and he brought me to a nice restaurant. It was extremely fancy. Not my style but he tried and he managed to make me smile. A true smile. The entire restaurant was decorated in a Halloween theme items. Damiano was different. Compared to both Tyson and Valentino, he was lenient and laid back. Allowed me to have my own fun.

     When I told the girls about our date, Willow had explained that it was the Latino side of Tyson and Valentino that got in the way. Latino's were known for being protective of what's theirs but with Damiano, a fellow Italian, it seemed easy. We understood each other differently. We were protective, but not to the point where you had to keep an eye on them. Damiano held an edge that made me feel relaxed and confident.

     Sighing to myself, I pulled the Marijuana joint from my bag and quickly lit it. When the substance reached my lips, I inhaled deeply then exhaled its essence. That past month, after the breakup, Alexander agreed to sell me the joints. I knew if I were to get caught with it, I would be thrown back into Juvie. I felt as though, I wanted to get caught. I wanted to go back. It seemed like a better option than dealing with Tyson's hard glares.

     My eyes darted around the file parking lot, looking for my orange Lamborghini. As another day of school ended, I was happy finally remove my horrible cast. It seemed to only cause drama. When my eyes spotted Willow's dark curls, I slowly made my way over. Marijuana joint between my lips as I inhaled and exhaled. It was my only calm. Especially since our car was parked beside a familiar lime green Lamborghini. Greta and Willow were speaking to Neil and Matthew.

     I knew Tyson wasn't too far off but I refused to pay attention to him. His tall body rested against the back of the car, cigarette in between his lips. I sucked hard on my joint. Allowing the Marijuana to fill my lungs and relax my body. As I reached the girls I smiled and sucked on the Marijuana. "You girls ready?" I asked as the essence puffed out of my lips.

     "Not until you throw away your joint." Willow raised a brow.

     "What no. I just started it." I inhaled. Harder than before. I felt Tyson's glare on me.

     "Throw it or walk." Greta crossed her arms. Neil and Matthew looked at me with determined eyes.

    My eyes rolled. "Why're you guy so—" I inhaled and pointed towards the four of them. "Worried about me?" Exhaling, I pointed towards Tyson. "You don't seem to be bothering him about his terrible smoking."

     I heard Tyson chuckle. "There's a difference between the two of us, Roma."

     "Oh god." Matthew muttered.

    Turning around, I sucked on the joint. Tyson was facing me. Cigarette between his lips. After a long drag, I pulled the Marijuana from my lips and stepped closer. Blowing in Tyson's face, the puff of smoke engulfed his face. "And what's the difference, Garcia?" I bit back.

     Tyson breathed, allowing the puff of weed to enter his system. "I use cigarettes. Don't stink as bad as you." A smirk danced on his lips as he sucked on his cigarette. "And besides—" He blew out, the puff of smoke hitting my face. My eyes rolled as I inhaled the intoxicating smell. Musty cologne and cigarette, mixed together. Tyson smelled amazing. "You've got a drug problem."

    I raised a brow as he sucked on his cigarette once more. "I've got a problem?" Tyson nods his head as he exhales. "Coming from the one who's been smoking since he was thirteen." Tyson's blue eyes snapped at mine. Narrowed. "At least in started my addiction in Juvie." I inhaled. Looking over at the girls, I exhaled. "Ready to go?"