I ain't chicken!

As we sped down the road, our purple Lamborghini passed the boys bright red one. The light flashed yellow and we were a couple of feet away. "Floor it!" Willow yelled and without a second thought, my foot slammed onto the gas pedal as we passed the yellow light leaving the boys at the red. We heard their honks as Willow cheered and Greta rolled down the window to point her lovely middle finger.

     Pulling into the school parking lot, I cut the engine as Willow hopped out of the passenger seat with Greta and I following. Shoving the car keys into my pocket we waited for the boys and when they did, Tyson dropped off Matthew and Neil who were bickering.

     A few days had past and we made an agreement that we would race to school every day. Willow drove against Matthew the day before and almost killed us. Greta drove two days prier to that against Neil and I had never seen so much smoke in my entire life. It was frightening. The only proper drivers were myself and Tyson, and frankly we were alright challenging each other every morning. It kept things entertaining between us.

     I was pulled from my thoughts when someone tapped my shoulder. Turning around, Rebecca sent me a giant grin. Her blue eyes sparkled as her long bleached hair rested perfectly around her shoulders. "Hey Melody!" She gushed and quickly pulled me into her arms. After Damiano and I had our little incident, Rebecca and I had gotten to know each other. Considering it had been two weeks since then, we found out that we shared Math and Art class. The two classes that none of my friends had until now.

     "Hey Rebecca." I smiled. "What's up?" Her ocean blue eyes held mischief as she handed me a white card with a date, address and time.

      I knew what it was. Rebecca had been planning a big house party for weeks now and spoke about it every Math class. "Bring your friends." She winked and quickly spun around to join her little group of Barbie dolls. For someone as dolled up as her, I would have never pictured Rebecca being a friend.

     Turning around to face my friends, I saw that Tyson now joined the group as everyone seemed to be eyeing my conversation with Rebecca. I quickly flashed the white card in front of them with a smirk on my face. "Looks like we're going to a house party next Friday."

     "What's so special about a house party that they need to put it on a card?" Greta asked as she snatched the card from my hands to examine it. "Can't they just send a text?"

     "This house party is different. Only few are invited and it looks like we made the cut."

     "Who's party?" Neil butted in as he looked at the card that Greta was holding. "Was it the Barbie doll you were just talking to?" A small piece of white hair fell over his eyes as he looked from the card to me.

     "Rebecca." I said her name before nodding my head. "It helps when you know someone who's known for throwing the biggest house party in high school." I bragged as I flipped my hair over my shoulder.

     "And she just gave us an invitation?" Neil asked, raising a perfectly sharp eyebrow as his grey blue eyes sparkled with curiosity.

     "Her house parties are supposedly legendary around here." I said as I snatched the card back. "A girl in my English class was talking to friends about the party and how she finally got invited. Rebecca's basically known for throwing one for any and every occasion." Quickly putting the card back into my bag, I shook my head. "She said last time people tried to crash it so, she decided to get bodyguards and without this paper we can't get in."

     Zipping up my bag, I gaze up at the girls. "Besides, haven't you missed them? We hadn't gone since we were fourteen."

     "There was beer-pong, spin the bottle, dancing, music, and many more stupid games that sounds so much fun when you're drunk." Willow encouraged as she pulled on Matthews forearm.

     "I don't know." Tyson said, scratching the back of his neck. I saw the gears turning in his head as he was debating with himself and I knew I needed to trick him.

     Running my hand on his bicep, I sighed dramatically. "It's okay. It's not meant for everyone. I know you guys haven't been to one in a while so it's okay to backdown."

     Feeling Tyson's bicep stiffened, I knew that I got to him. His jaw clenched as his eyebrow rose. "Are you call us chicken?"

     I wanted to roll my eyes. The only way to convince a guy was by making fun their ego and Tyson had a large one. "You said it, not me. I'm just stating the facts."

     "Who do you think you are to call us chicken! I ain't chicken." Neil exploded as he ran a hand threw his hair, pulling it a little as anger pooled within him.

     "Oh, then why did you say I don't know?" Greta interfered, giving me a wink as she understood my motives.

     "Yeah, because if you say I don't know it sounds like you're chicken." Willow soon joined as she placed her arm on my shoulder to lean on me.

     "We ain't chicken! You know what? We are going and you can't do anything about it." Matthew snapped, as the guys nodded their heads rapidly agreeing.

     Sighing loudly, I sideways look at the girls showing them that I wanted to mess with the boys a little longer. "I don't know. I don't think I feel like going now."

     "Yeah—I mean, we have to dress up and look nice." Greta continued.

     "And getting there will probably be hell as it's so far up in the mountains." Willow added.

     "Whoa, whoa, no!" Matthew shouted waving his hands in the air.

     "It was your idea to go to this party and there is no way you are backing out now!" Tyson followed.

     "It was your idea and you are coming whether you like it or not." Neil growled.

     "Fine." The three of us said which caused the boys to cheer and squash us in a bone crushing hug.