History

"It happened when I was fourteen." I said and played with my charm bracelet. "I was dating Valentino. Around school, he and the boy were considered dangerous. They held secrets and everyone was afraid of them.  The girls and I, at the time, were very stupid and didn't care. We thought we could change them because what else would a fourteen year old girl think?" Gulping down my nerves, I locked eyes with Tyson and studied him throughout the story. So far, he seemed bored. Which was good for me. "After a while the guys were acting weird around us. Always saying they were too busy to hangout or skipping school without telling us. Us being the curious girls we were—well mainly me, I sent Greta to go snoop in William's swimming bag one day after school. He had an early morning practice with the swim team. I didn't know that, that night Valentino and his buddies would take me from my own bedroom. It wasn't a kidnapping but more of a sneaking out." Shaking my head at the memory that was coming back, I tried to focus my attention back on Tyson.

     His eyes widened as he leaned a little closer. "Mel..."

      "That night, the guys shoved me in a car and drove me to some alleyway. I remember that night as clear as day. I remember the cold air. I remember the shaking of my hands. I remember holding a gun to a mans head. It was all Valentino's idea." I bit my lips, tears were ready to spill but I held them back. "He said he saw something in me, he saw a dark side of me that I didn't see in myself. He told me to kill a man who didn't pay him back. At first, I didn't want to do it. I cried, I begged, I even put the gun down but Valentino stood by my side, held that gun up to the man and pulled the trigger. To this day, I know that I killed that man and that something changed within me. I became darker, scarier. It was like something new was born within me but was already there. I didn't know what it was at first, but all I knew was that the more I killed the more satisfied it was. It was hungry for blood and it managed to take over my entire body." Blinking a couple of times, I sighed. "I remember all the killings. All the people's faces before I killed them. They haunt me in my sleep. But at the time, it didn't bother me because I had Valentino. Now that he's gone, I see his face and all the others. They crawl in my dark and messed up mind."

      A shiver ran down my spine as Jackson chuckled. "You're missing the main and very important piece to this puzzle, Melody."

      I looked back up to Tyson. "I didn't speak to Greta and Willow for two weeks after that night. I went on a killing spree and before I knew it, this dark side took complete control of me. It was like I formed a different version of myself. I felt bipolar. Psychotic, really. Valentino grew me into becoming a true psychopath with split personality." I shook my head. "It was awful."

     "Mel, you don't have to..." Tyson tried to speak but I ignored him. It had to be done.

     "It wasn't until Greta and Willow came over to my house to tell me everything. Greta told me that, while she was looking through William's swimming bag she found three loaded guns with plans on kidnapping girls. They were going to kidnap my two friends in a couple of days and would let me kill them. I didn't realize that they were training me to kill them. But, what scared us the most was the part where, if I couldn't kill them, we would be sold into the black market. A-A sex bank of women to be used as sex slaves." I shivered.

     My mind ran wild. "I remember the picture Greta showed me—their plans. She told me that the day it happened, we were at school but when she came over to see me again, I wasn't there. I wasn't heard of for two weeks. That was the one day I wouldn't be with the boys because I knew they were taking care of a killing without me." A tear slipped down my cheek. "I told the girls to leave it alone, that we shouldn't get involved. Even if we were already in it but the next day, they confronted them. They didn't listen. Greta insisted on it. They took shit into their own hands and by the time lunch rolled around they approached me and said that they broke up with their guys and were waiting on me. But for some reason, I didn't want to break up with Valentino. It was like my soul was connected with his. After all the killing we did together, we grew closer and I didn't know it at the time but I was brainwashed by him." I sniffed back the tears.