It couldn't be

"How many damn flowers can one person get in four days?" Tyson huffed as he ran hand through his black hair.

     "A lot." I chuckled. I was finally leaving the hospital. A week had past since the incident with Greta. She left the day before, or that was what Tyson told me when he walked past Greta's old recovery room. She was six doors away, which explained for Jackson's unwanted visit. He had probably stayed the night. Used the excuse that he didn't want to leave her and decided to scare the life out of me. I was scared and uncertain of what his next move was. Jackson clearly wanted to involve my family and friends. All of which led to me being dead.

     Julian threw the big teddy bear over to Tyson. "Don't forget this guy."

    "Oh god." Tyson groaned as he caught the bear with ease. I shook my head, smile on my face and lifted my schoolbag over my good shoulder. Placing the bear besides the door, Tyson was quick to snatch my schoolbag. "You, little missy, aren't aloud to pick up anything for the next couple of weeks." He strictly informed me as his index finger swayed in my face. "The means from now on either I, Willow or the boys carry your things."

     "Ty, I'm not a child." I huffed and reached for the bag. "I can do things myself."

     Tyson narrowed his bright blue eyes and swung my bag away. Out of my reach. "Do I make myself clear?" He handed me a scowl, as if to end the argument.

     I heard my family chuckle. "Fine." I mumbled.

     My boyfriend gave me a quick peck on the lips before he threw the big bear over his shoulder. "Good. Now, I'll be waiting in the car." He then proceeded to saying good bye to my family. "Nice meeting you guys. Hopefully, I'll see you soon."

     "Of course, dear!" Mom gushed as she pulled Tyson into a strong hug. "You should come over for thanksgiving."

     Tyson sent my mom a soft smile. "Of course." He walked over to my dad and gave him a firm hand shake. "Pleasure to meet you, sir."

     Dad sent him a small smile. "The pleasure is mine son." Tyson shoulder bumped my bother, as they hit it off pretty well. He gave me sister a squeeze on the shoulder as she smiled kindly at him.

     The moment Tyson stepped out, my sister snapped her head at me. Eyebrow raised. "You didn't tell him, did you."

    Sighing I shook my head. "What was I supposed to say?"

    Katrina shrugged. "I don't know how about 'Hey, Jackson is trying to kill me. He's also my ex dead boyfriends crazy cousin who wants revenge and, oh! Did I mention that he came to visit me during the night to basically threaten my life?'" She said sarcastically.

     "I can't do that. He'll go ballistic. Probably get his ass sent back to Juvie." I shook my head and stared down at my broken arm. "I can't have that."

     "What did he do anyways?" Julian randomly asked.

    Katrina and mom gasped as I chuckled. Dad shook his head, large smile on his face. "You can't just ask that Ju! What if it's something really bad?" Katrina snapped.

     "Just curious." Julian shrugged.

     "Curiosity killed the cat, son." Dad butted.

     Julian raised a brow. "What cat?" I groaned in annoyance as my brother looked back at me. "But seriously. What did he do?"

     Mom was prepared to scold him but I simply smiled and thought of a better explanation for my new boyfriend. I couldn't exactly tell them he was a gang leader of the gang in the country. And got send to Juvie at thirteen. "He got arrested." Was what I concluded with.

     "By doing what?" Julian pushed.

    "Julian!" Mom shouted.

     I shot my brother a look. "Okay, fine. But I'm going to tell you once and that's it. So, you better listen." Turning my attention towards my parents, they were filling out paper work. "Mom, dad. Are you going to listen?"

     "Yes, pumpkin." Dad smiled. "Most of us are able to do two things at once you know."

     "Okay, but for now, could you just put the papers away?" I begged as they shared a look.

     With a nod from my mother, she snatched the papers and placed them onto the nightstand. "Okay sweetie. We're listening."

     I took a steady breath. I knew it was going to be difficult, especially after Valentino but hopefully they would trust me. "Before you judge him, remember that he is a really good and nice guy. I swear to god he would never try to hurt me." Nodding their head, they waited for me to continue. Julian was bouncing on his toes. Katrina bit her bottom lip. I averted my eyes. "Tyson's a gang leader."

     "What?" Katrina's eyes were wide. My eyes shot towards my parents as my fingers tangled with the charm bracelet on my wrist. Specifically, running my fingers over the heart charm. The truth was bound to come out eventually and in that moment, I waited for them to shout. To protest. To even go down to the parking garage and demanded for him to stop seeing me but they remained in complete silence.

     I noticed my brother smirk as my father sucked in a breath. My mother sat there with a pale face. Katrina was the only source of an actual reaction. Her eyes were wide as she tried to grasp onto the situation I displayed. "Aren't you guys going to yell?" I questioned.

    Julian chuckled. "We have to tell her." His eyes weren't on me but on my parents.

     Dad shot up. "No."

     "She's already with someone. He's apart of it. Seems like a good time." Mom sided with Julian. I was confused. We were an Italian family. They were supposed to yell when it came to, dating a guy in a gang. It was asking for trouble and the amount of trouble I had been in was incredible.

     "No, absolutely not." Dad argued. Katrina remained quiet. Seemed as if she didn't want to be apart of that argument.

     Julian stepped forward. "If Tyson's a gang leader, that means she understands the situation of it. It's better if we tell her now." His eyes directed to my mom. "We've kept it from her for too long."

     "Kept what?" I questioned. "What are you guys not telling me?"

     "Nothing pumpkin."

     "No! It is something!" Julian looked at me. "She has to know."

     "Know what!" I shouted.

      My father was furious as his brown eyes widened. "No!"

     "Honey, if you would calm down—"

     "We're in the Mafia business." I sucked in a breath as dad grumbled. Julian took a cautious stepped forward. "As in, we run one."

     My head snapped towards my mom. Her dark blue eyes filled with sorrow. "Is—Is this true?" She nodded her head. Katrina sighed and ran a hand through her hair. I wasn't sure if she knew or not but my chest caved in. Dad looked at me with sceptical eyes, analyzing my every move. "I-I need to go." Was all I said as I dashed out of the room.

     I had to clear my head.