Beginning of the end

I couldn't feel anything. My lungs fell in on me. I couldn't leave, not yet. The thought of seeing Tyson one last time rang through my mind. But I couldn't find him. A paramedic pushed my siblings to the side, hands instantly on my chest as his three other assistants rushed to my sides. Pushing my friends and family out of the way.

     The paramedic spoke to me, but I couldn't register his words. My eyes met a silver pair. Damiano moved towards me, closer even. His stood with arms crossed, black hair swirled over his forever and silver eyes lined with tears. He was a dark man. The one who I smoked with on my first month in school. The one who captured me in History class. The little moment in my bedroom replayed in my mind. The Halloween party rang my memories. Everything with Damiano spiralled. It broke and tumbled.

     Jackson ruined it for me. Three months taken away but in a way it was worth it. It made me realize how important Tyson was to me. Damiano would always hold a place in my heart, no matter what happened but Tyson held my heart. The second I laid my eyes on him in the kitchen, where he practically threw me on the island taking my snack away from me. His blue sparkling eyes captured me. Tyson was the only one for me.

      I didn't see him. A man with a stretcher came to me. Two men quickly placed me on it. As if God wanted to say one last fuck you, Tyson was by my side. He was sitting behind me. Where my head was. He was looking down at me the entire time. Making sure I was alright. He was the one who was running his hands threw my hair and sending little bolts of electricity through my body. The one who helped me stay away. The energy source to it all. I felt all those things but I pushed them away thinking it was bullet in my chest killing me. I was wrong.

      I looked back at Tyson and wanted so badly to reach out for him but my arms were strapped down to the gurney. My eyes traveled to his and what I saw broke me. His bright blue eyes had tears as they looked down at me. Eyes trained on my chest. The blood on it. His fingers trained threw his hair, tattooed arms covered in blood and dirt. He looked amazing, and he had the power to break it. I hated that. I only wanted him to smile. "Ty." I groaned quietly, but loud enough for him to hear.

     His eyes widened as he stepped towards me. Hand squeezing mine. "Yes, baby."

      I smiled lightly. "I love you, Tyson. Remember that." My voice was groggy. Our friends and family were shocked at the sudden words but the paramedics moved. Rushing me towards the ambulance.

     Tyson was by my side. Hand in mind. Tears down his cheeks. "I love you too, Mel."  His rosy lips met mine for one final kiss. I would always love Tyson Garcia. My heart belonged to him. When I looked at him in that moment, all I saw was my future with him and how we would end out but all of that became a blur as the big ambulance doors shut in front of me. Blocking my view of Tyson. I thought that was the last time I would have seen and felt Tyson. I thought my time was up. I closed my eyes and thought back to how it all started.

     It started on our first day of arriving and I wanted a dam apple or whatever fruit I had in my hands that he wanted. In the kitchen at our foster home where he threw me onto the island counter top, caging me in with his tattooed arms that made me fall in love with him in that moment.

     Everything afterwards came rushing back to me like a giant wave as the memories. My birthday came to mind but was quickly replaced by the little water fight we had in the back yard during the hot summer beside the pool. Then when our school year came along with our little bowling alley date and how he pulled a prank on me and I pretended to be dying—who would have known that this would be happening months later? I thought to myself.

     Every little memory came afterwards. How even though I pulled that prank on him, he was beside me. How during that little movie we watched as group and then lead to my little theory about Jackson being who I thought he was and we visited his gang houses and the man who raised him to be the incredible person he was, even though his life was mainly at the Juvenile Delinquents centre. How the reason behind me being there was because of Valentino. How I cried my eyes out and even though he didn't understand he was still beside me, helping me. How I got into that fight with Greta and how Tyson was by my side at the hospital the entire time. How he got kidnapped by Jackson and I told him about Valentino, but it ended up with him declaring his love for me and then how the word mafia left my lips made him happy.

     Then from there, everything went down hill. The second that stupid plan came to my mind and I blocked Tyson out. I always knew I would lose him. I just didn't know it would have been that soon. And all because I thought that he didn't understand and that he was too protective over me. But all of those memories ended with the party and how we said I love you. How even though we were still mad at each other we would always love each other and that was what scared me the most.

     There was one thing that I always kept in mind and that was that if I were to get out of this situation, I would always make sure to keep my distance with him. My relationship was too toxic and crazy and the best way to get away from him is taking a break. I hoped that I would have made it out of there to tell him. I knew he wasn't going to be eye to eye in that situation but it was for the best. I did love him but the only way to keep the people I loved safe was to keep them far away from me.

     My heart would break and crumble all over again but it would be worth it. After all, he was the one who broke my heart in the first place.