Too fast

That day, Willow drove me home. I refused to attend school. Rebecca followed us. So, did Damiano and his friends. Matthew and Neil had texted me, explaining that they wanted to go to the Foster Home to check on me but that involved leaving Tyson at school. Alone. No one would watch him. I couldn't take his best friends away from him. According to Willow, Tyson ran off to some bar. The twins were trying to find him but without a car it was useless.

     A knock on my bedroom door pulled me away. "Come in." I sighed. My voice sounded weak. I was completely broken from earlier.

     Damiano's black hair popped in. "Hey." A small smile lingered his lips. Silver eyes lined with concern. "How are you feeling?" His thick accent made me shutter. A small smile on my lips. He always had that affect on me.

     "Okay." I lied. I needed to. Damiano raised a dark brow as he stepped into the room. Sighing, I patted the space beside me. "Come sit, but close the door. I don't want to see anyone right now."

     Nodding his head, he followed my orders and slithered beside me. "I told you. He didn't deserve you."

     My eyes rolled. "Who would have known you were right." I sniffed. I was on the verge of tears. I had been crying all afternoon. Thankfully no one was home yet. But school would be ending in an hour, meaning that house would soon fill with those familiar faces. And his familiar face.

     "Come here." His thick accent made me feel welcomed, as I rested my head on his chest and cried my sorrows away. "It's going to get better. I promise, Mel." Damiano kissed the top of my head. I sighed into his touch. Rubbing my back up and down in a calming matter, I felt butterflies in my stomach. Things erupted inside of me as it started at my toes and moved up to my chest. My heart was pounding like crazy.

     Looking up at him, I stared into his beautiful silver eyes. They stared back at mine. A small smile broke out on his face. It was welcoming and understanding. I knew what I was about to do would change everything but I still did it. It was too soon. I did it out of pity for myself and for him. As my lips hovered over his, I lightly brushed against them before planting a soft kiss on his rosy lips. Damiano was quick to answer back as he kissed me with such force. It wasn't the same as Tyson's. He was delicate, gentle even. Damiano was rough. And slightly messy. But it was different.

     Nothing similar to Tyson, yet when my eyes closed Tyson's beautiful face came into view.

     I hadn't noticed my body changing positions. Damiano's large hands were on my waist, pulling on top of him. It all happened so fast, so sudden that I could comprehend it. Gently pulling away, a smile broke onto his face. Little bolts of electricity flew throughout my body as I tried to understand what had happened. "That was amazing." He sounded breathless.

     A slow smile raised on my lips. My hand gently touching his cheek. "I know."

     "I know that this may sound a little much—especially now—but would you maybe—you know wha—"

     Giggling at his nervousness, I rubbed his cheek with my finger. "Breath."

     Chuckling lightly, he squeezed my waist. "Would you like to go on a date with me?"

     I sucked in a breath. My head nodded. "Yeah. Of course, yes. Just—" I smiled and shook my head. "Everything just happened with Tyson. Could you give me a little time to handle myself?"

     His smile grew. "Of course, bella. Don't worry." Damiano said as his thick accent made the word bella sound beautiful. I was about to start something I wasn't completely sure about. As my body slowly moved down Damiano, my head rested on his chest. His steady heart beat was hard against my ear. I couldn't break him. He was too sweet of a guy to do such a thing—even if he was a complete ass to me when we first met but I guess Tyson was right. I did have a type.

     My type was kind and sweet but hid their emotions very well. They were soft on the inside and a stone cold wall on the out. They were the type to seem like they could leave a trail of broken hearts. But Damiano was different, I felt it. Something about him seemed safe but at the same time I thought the same thing about Tyson. I thought he was my safe place and we ended up heart broken. Or, I did at least.

     I fell in love too quick. I couldn't do it anymore. I needed to be stronger and prepared. I needed to make sure I wouldn't get hurt again.