Alive

At some point my eyes opened. I knew I was alive. The sound of scissors snipping made me groan. My chest grew in pain. I felt different, as if something slapped me across the face and shook me awake. The only thing that came to mind was the second chance at life. Those exact words that Marc, my parole officer from months ago told us. The same words Mrs. Reda told us when we entered her home. It was my second chance at life. Literally. I knew I could fix it. I could focus on my future, my education, my life. But a part of me wanted to stay with Tyson. To fix our broken problems. I had to choose.

     One of the doctors began to yell. Another doctor rushed to my side. A gas mask placed onto my face. I woke up during surgery. My eyes slowly drooped. One of the doctors pulled down there surgical mask and smiled at me. "Don't worry sweetheart. We're almost done. You'll be able to do anything you want again." Nodding my head, I handed her a small smile before passing out.

     I wasn't sure how much time passed but the darkness stayed with me. It engulfed me. I was between states of consciousness. My mind ran on Jackson, on Tyson, on everything that occurred. A groan left my lips. My eyes opened lightly. The bright sun from the window blinded me. The sound of the heart monitor filled my ears. I knew I was in the hospital, the surgery room still playing in my mind.

     "Guess she's alive." Sarcasm dripped from my brothers voice.

     "Shut your trap Juju." I grumbled and rubbed my eyes. "You don't know how it feels." Slowly blinking away the darkness, I felt everything come into perspective. My family and friends gathered around the room. Willow and Greta smiled at me as they held flowers in their hands. Placing them on a vase on my bedside. "Get those disgusting things away from me."

     "Knew this would help her." Greta giggled.

     My eyes rolled. Smirk on my face. "Sure, put the killers next to me."

     Willow raised a brow. "They're flowers. They're not going to kill you."

     "Or so you think." The room chuckled as I joined in. A quick pain shot to my chest. It made my laughs turn into coughs causing my eyes to water. My family were on their feet immediately but I only laughed harder. The girls followed. I pointed my finger at them. "Stop laughing, you're going to kill me again."

     My mother rolled her eyes at my stupidity. "I will never understand you guys."

     "So, what's up with you guys? How long have I been out for?"

     Julian chuckled. "You get shot and that's the first thing you ask." I raised a brow as my brother shook his head. "You've been asleep for two weeks."

     "Thank god." I sighed in relief as I laid agains the uncomfortable hospital bed. My eyes gazed up at the dirty ceiling. "I just realized. This is my second time in a hospital bed."

     "You should get a member ship here." Katrina chuckled as I rolled my eyes.

     "Maybe I should." It was quiet for a few more minutes. Everyone looked at me. There was an unanswered question that needed to be answered. Sighing, I shook my head. "Where's Tyson." Willow gazed over at Greta who widened her eyes. They both looked at me. "Well?"

     "W-We don't know."

     My eyes widened at Willow's words. Greta stepped towards me. Hand on my arm. "I'm really sorry Mel."

     My head shook again. Small smile on my face. Reassuring them mainly. My heart clenched. "It's fine. Really." The doctors came into the room soon afterwards. Explaining everything that had happened. Mrs. Reda passed by as well. She wanted me home for recovery and my parents agreed it would be best.

     Every conversation that happened around me, zoned me out. My mind only ran on Tyson and where he was.