Talk

Sitting in the living room with my family felt like old times and I was extremely happy. I picked up my hot cocoa that my mom made and snuggles besides my brother. His arm was wrapped around me while the other was around my sister. "So, sweetie. Not to ruin the mood but why are you here?" Mom asked, curiosity clear in her voice.

     Sighing, I pulled the mug away from my lips and looked at her, then at my brother. "Boy problems"

     Dad cleared his throat and stood. He gave Mrs. Reda a warm smile. "Why don't I give you a tour of the house, Ava? It was very rude of me." Mrs. Reda nodded her head, and followed my dad out of the living room.

     "Can I stay for this?" Katrina asked as she picked at the dead skin on her nails.

     "Of course, Kat." I smiled as I removed myself from my brother's grip. Looking at the three of them, I sighed and explained the events that happened that day. All my emotions, thoughts and fears were laid out on the table. My sister and mom were very understanding while my brother raised an eyebrow.

     Once finished, Julian didn't hesitate to butt in. "Seriously? You just got back and you already have two guys after you. I can't even get a girlfriend and here you are trying to get another boyfriend."

     Chuckling, I gently patted his left cheek. "It's okay Juju. Not all of us are destined to have a relationship." I said in a baby voice. He slapped my hand away causing myself and Katrina to burst out laughing.

     Mom sighed loudly grabbing our attention. "Sweetie," She began with a big smile on her face. "Do you like this Tyson boy?"

     I nodded my head as a small smile creeped on my face. "I do. I like him a lot."

     "And this Damiano boy? Who's he too you?"

     "I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders. "He seems like a nice guy, but there's something about him that I find interesting. But I also just met him today..." I trailed off as I huffed in response.

     "Do you think it's because he's Italian? That you're scared to get back with a Spanish guy because of Valentino?" Katrina questioned. Our heads snapped towards her as if she said the smartest thing alive.

     I shook my head, while my mom and brother nodded theirs. "Yes, sweetie! I think that's it!" Mom grabbed my hands in hers and smiled at me.

     "No mom. That can't be it. What if—" Mom cut me off by blowing in my face. "What the hell!" I shouted at her while scrunching up my nose. "That's nasty."

     "You're just confused." She said rolling her eyes. "Your mind is playing games on you because of what happened with your ex. Just because Valentino was Spanish doesn't mean you can't date Spanish boys. It doesn't matter if Damiano is Italian and Tyson is Spanish, as long as he treats you right that's all that matters."

     I nodded my head at her understanding what she was trying to say. "So, what you're saying is no matter what his religion is, as long as he treats me right that's what matters?"

     She nodded her head. "That's all that ever matters sweetie."

     "Italian would be logical but okay." Julian mumbled under his breath as we all laughed at him.