Together

Jackson's grip on my loosened. The sound of his feet hitting the cement floor rang down the halls. My eyes remained on my two best friends. They were truly there to save me. I thought it was all a dream, that at any moment I would wake up in that horrible cell but it wasn't. It was real. A smile broke onto my face as tears welded in my eyes. In the matter of seconds, we were wrapped in a tight group hug. One I had been longing for. "You're alive." Greta sobbed as she pulled away to wipe her cheeks.

     "I sure hope so, or else we would be having a serious problem." I chuckled. It felt weird to smile again. To laugh. It felt new.

     "Did he starve you?" Willow gasped as her eyes scanned my body.

     I raised a brow. "He wanted to kill me Wills. Of course he would feed me to keep me alive." I rolled my eyes. "Makes perfect sense for a psychopath." I said sarcastically, causing her to shove my shoulder lightly.

     Her phone beeped, causing her head to shake. "Well, it's good to know you didn't lose that sarcasm of yours."

     "To be honest, I kinda lost hope on you guys." I shrugged. "I mean, you did take your time."

     Greta rolled her eyes. "You wouldn't believe the amount fo factories that were in this area. It took us two months to go through seventy of them. There were five left when Rebecca and the boys came to tell us about you." I smiled lightly. "It made things much easier to come up with a plan and sent in people to the remaining five. Rebecca came with us to help look at the area, she denied the first four and once we reach this one we knew we were set." She explained.

     "We're wasting time." Willow interrupted as she handed me a gun. "We will explain everything later. Right now we need to get out of here alive." Nodding my head, I followed the two. The sound of gun shots rang throughout the area. "You guys ready?" Willow asked. With a cock of my gun, I kicked the door open to reveal a war zone.

     With their backs towards us, the Razor Gang were firing at the other side. My father's face came into view. He was firing towards us. But I ignored him and wanted to look for his eyes, his blue eyes. I had been dreaming about that moment for a very long time. My heart dropped when I couldn't find them, the worst ideas took up my mind.

     "Where's Ty?" I asked the girls.

     "I'm not sure, but we have to find him." Greta pulled me inside. Willow shut the door behind her. Refraining from any more gunshots to come in. Just as we turned around, a man with tattoos all over his arms stood before us. His dark hair slightly falling over his bright blue eyes. The ones I dreamed about.

     "Tyson." I breathed.

     He sucked in a breath. "Melody." I had missed him so much, everything little thing about him I missed. My legs carried me towards him. My arms wrapped around his neck as I pulled him close to me. My sobs were loud and painful. Tyson squeezed me.

     Breathing in as he kissed the top of my head. I stunk of blood and sweat. We both knew that but at the time, we did not care. He rescued me. He saved me. I was safe. Tilting my chin, his rosy lips captured mine. It caught me off guard but truly felt right. Pulling from the kiss, his sparkling blue eyes met with mine. "I missed you, Mel."

     "I missed you too, Ty."

     His eyes scanned my body, as his hands rested on my cheeks. "He was starving you, wasn't he? You got skinnier."

     I chuckled. "He was trying to kill me Ty."

     "Exactly trying. He could never kill you." I smiled lightly and pulled him into another hug. "We can't go by there." Tyson said to the girls. "We need to take the back way." Pulling away, his fingers intertwined with mine as we rushed down the hall. Racing down staircases, we reached the basement. A long corridor greeted us. Dark and filled with Razor Gang members. Guns pointed towards us. I recognized a few of them. They helped Jackson torture me but two familiar people that were dressed in the same uniforms as the others. Matthew and Neil held their guns tightly as they stood behind the others.