Part One - Chapter Six: Trust in Me

Alexa sighed as she looked at Cristiano’s jacket that lay on a chair in a room, her ears still rang with the words that her mother had told her three days earlier.

The blonde lay in her bed as she blinked back tears, she hadn’t spoken to Cristiano since their date and he was still trying to contact her.

Alexa’s mind was a mess and she just didn’t know what to do or say anymore, her mother was right and Alexa wish that she wasn’t; there was no way that Cristiano could still be interested in her.

Alexa tried to shake the thoughts of doubt that her mother had placed in her head, but she couldn’t; she blinked back tears as she thought about Cristiano.

Alexa had thought that maybe for once, just this once that she had found someone… someone who was decent, who cared for her and wasn’t just going to hurt her.

Alexa looked at the jacket again before she turned over and looked out of the window; she licked her lips bitterly as she closed her eyes as she tried to pull herself together.

The blonde had paid little attention over the last three days and for once she was grateful that Jennifer was the family favourite; no one had noticed how little they had actually seen her while she moped.

“You don’t need him,” Alexa said as she sat up and brushed some hair from her eyes, finally starting to pull herself together; she sighed as she stood and started to dress for the day.

Alexa looked at herself in the mirror for a moment as she nodded at herself knowing what she had to do; she had to let Cristiano go before things got serious and he hurt her.

Alexa took a deep breath as she stepped out of her room and headed downstairs; the house was mostly quiet with her father and brothers heading out to look around the city centre and her mother and sister were shopping for wedding lingerie.

Alexa didn’t know about her grandparents but she knew that they weren’t home; she made her way into the kitchen and flipped on the kettle.

Leaning on the counter, she wondered why she was so gullible; she always seemed to find the most ‘amazing’ guys and then they turned out to be jackasses.

Alexa frowned as she heard her phone ring, she looked at her mobile before she disconnected the call; she didn’t want to speak to him now.

Alexa sighed as the phone started to ring again; she stared at it for a moment before she disconnected the call again; she knew that she should speak with him but she didn't know what to say.

Alexa heard the beep of a voicemail being recorded as she made herself a warm drink and looked at her phone; she knew she couldn’t avoid him for long but she had to until she knew how to end things before she was hurt.

***

Alexa stretched as she prepared for her morning jog, she glanced at her phone which had been ringing none stop since she had gotten up.

The blonde was wearing a pink active T-shirt and navy wide leg jogging bottoms paired with a navy zip through hoody and chunky canvas lace up pumps.

Alexa bit her lip, she wondered if he would stop calling her soon as she stepped out of the house, and started to jog down the street; as she went she ignored the dark blue Bentley Continental that was parked not far from the house.

The Bentley started off down the street after her as she went; Alexa noticed that she was being followed and after half an hour she came to a stop.

Taking a deep breath, she looked back at the car as the driver got out and she cursed under her breathe as he moved towards her, she could understand that he was upset; she was avoiding him but she hadn’t expected him to stalk her.

Cristiano stopped in front of her looking annoyed that she was ignoring him and using him like the others that had done so before her.

“I never thought you’d be like the rest,” Cristiano hissed frustrated as Alexa flinched and looked at him and shake her head, she knew he was upset and he had every right to be.

“I’m not… you’re a footballer, you’ve probably got a model waiting for you at home,” Alexa said making him frown confused.

It didn’t take much to realise that someone had been bad mouthing him to her, telling her that he was using her; something that he never wanted to do with Alexa.

Cristiano sighed and took her hands pulling her close to him, he really cared about the blonde and he wanted a chance with her; the last three days had been hell and he had been scared that she had used him as a meal ticket.

“You’re different… I want to spend time with you,” Cristiano said softly as he tried to convince her, whoever had cause her to doubt him had clearly had done a good job of it.

Cristiano sighed and glanced around, talking about this in the open wasn’t a good idea however he needed to reassure her; he wanted her to trust him and not their person who had manipulated her against him.

“Alexa… you’re it for me, there is no one else,” Cristiano said making her look at him shocked; she hadn’t expected him to be so open with her, especially after one date.

Cristiano cupped Alexa’s face and searched her eyes, he needed her to trust him and that wasn’t going to happen if he allowed anyone to turn her against him.

“I swear to you as long as you’re with me… I won’t be with any other woman,” Cristiano promised her, Alexa sighed and looked at him.

Alexa was risking a lot if she agreed to be with him, Cristiano knew she was hesitating; he sighed and pulled her into a kiss as he prayed that she would believe him.

Alexa closed her eyes as Cristiano forced all his feelings through the kiss; his need for her, his honesty, his worry for her and he needed to protect her.

Cristiano had seen how her sister had reacted on their first date and he had a feeling that she was behind what had happened the past three days; she had filled Alexa’s head with lies.

Alexa wrapped her arms around Cristiano’s neck, pulling him close until they heard a click off camera making them both freeze.

With a glance Cristiano cursed as he pulled off his leather jacket and covered Alexa’s face to hide it from the press, this wasn’t what she needed right at that moment.

Cristiano led her to his car, ensuring that she was inside before he quickly got in himself; he offered her a small smile then he started the car and pulled away.

It was obvious that he couldn’t take her back to her grandparents; the press would follow them and harass her if they learnt where she lived.

“Where are we going?” Alexa asked him softly, Cristiano sighed and offered her a smile as they speed down the streets of Manchester; he licked his lips as he thought to himself for a moment.

“Back to my place… I didn’t think you’d want the press knowing where you were staying,” Cristiano said sensing that she was worried about what had happened if they discovered where she was staying.

Alexa sighed making him look at her; he offered her a reassuring smile as he ran a comforting hand up her thigh, she looked at him surprised but he didn’t look at her.

Alexa knew that she needed to trust him and now that the press had seen them in a passionate embrace, there was no going back; if she was going to give him a chance to prove himself then this was it.