Part One - Chapter Twelve: The Manchester Derby

"I can't believe we have tickets for the Manchester derby," Ryan said in awe as he sat down, he hadn't known what to say when Alexa had told him that she had tickets to the match.

Cristiano wanted his girlfriend at the match and Alexa hadn't had the heart to argue with him, he was too adorable when he pouted at her and it didn't even matter that he was twenty-four.

"You don't have tickets... Alex has tickets," David corrected as he plopped down beside his twin, it had been five weeks since she had begun to date Cristiano and she seemed so happy.

Alexa rolled her eyes as she leant back in her seat, she was wearing a red swing top and embellished dark wash jeans paired with red patent ballet pumps; her brothers were thrilled to see her in Manchester United's colours.

"So how are you and Cristiano?" Ryan asked as he looked at his sister, he could understand why she had only invited him and David; the rest of the family were busy with Jennifer's impending wedding.

Alexa blushed a little as she thought of her boyfriend of over a month, Cristiano was perfect and she was already dreading saying goodbye to him; she feared just what that would mean.

"Things are going well," Alexa said carefully as her eyes found Cristiano, she was starting to fall in love with him and she knew that wasn't going to end well for her.

Alexa was frightened of getting hurt especially since she would go back to America in a few weeks; she would be forced to leave Cristiano behind for her own life.

"I'm happy for you Alex," David said as the match kicked off, he was thrilled for her and not just because of the free match tickets that they were currently enjoying.

***

"What are you going to do about university?" Ryan asked as he sipped on his cold drink, it was half time and Manchester United was winning two-nil; it had been a good first half but Ryan had some questions.

Alexa looked at her older brother, she knew he worried about her and she was grateful that she had him; she chewed on her lip as she thought about what to say.

"I'm still going..." Alexa murmured as she looked at the pitch, it made her heartache to think about leaving Cristiano behind and she was going to have to if she wanted to live her life.

Alexa didn't want to be one of those women that lived off their partners' money, she had seen enough of the headlines to know that she was never going to be some gold-digger.

Ryan nodded his head as he watched Alexa, he was pleased that she wasn't going to give up her place at university; she had worked hard to get there and it hadn't been easy.

Alexa was attending her course on a scholarship because their parents couldn't afford to send her; they had paid for Ryan's course of study to be a plumber, Jennifer's entire education and wedding and were funding David's training as a mechanic.

"I'm proud of you Alexa," Ryan said with a small smile, he felt guilty that Alexa was having to go to university on a scholarship; Jennifer had everything handed to her on a silver platter while the younger woman struggled for so much.

Alexa nodded as the two teams returned to the field, she couldn't believe that she was dating one of the footballers that was down there.

"What are you going to do?" Ryan asked as he looked at Cristiano, he was sure that the couple were going to struggle and he worried for his sister if the footballer cheated on her.

Alexa shrugged as she stared down at Cristiano, there was only one thing that she could do and that was go long distance; she just wasn't sure that it was a good idea.

Alexa messed with her brown cross body bag, she didn't want to admit that she feared that Cristiano would find someone better than her; she knew that there were models and actresses that were better suited to the footballer than she ever would be.

"Whatever happens... I just want you to be happy," Ryan said as he nodded at David as he returned, they would break the footballer's legs if he ever upset their little sister.

Alexa smiled, she was lucky to have two brothers like them, it made up for the crappy relationship that she had with her mother and sister.

***

"What did you think?" Cristiano asked as he pressed a tender kiss to Alexa's lips, he was delighted that she had come and he was still pumped up from the match.

Alexa smiled as she kissed Cristiano back, she felt so much more confident when she was with him and she was going to miss him so much when she left.

"You played so well," Alexa said as she pulled back from her boyfriend, she peeked at her brothers and smiled; she knew how much the match had meant to them.

Cristiano grinned as he wrapped his arms around her and gave her a quick hug, there were only three matches left of the season and he didn't know how many more he would play in a United shirt.

"I just have to pop to the ladies room," Alexa said as she shot a wary look at her brothers, she didn't want them trying to scare off her boyfriend while she was gone.

Cristiano nodded and watched Alexa go before he realised that he had been left with her two brothers; he swallowed nervously as he thought about his less than perfect reputation.

Ryan and David shared a look, they wanted to make sure that Cristiano understood what upsetting their sister would mean if he ever hurt her.

"Listen here Ronaldo... if our sister ever calls us crying because of you, then it'll be the end of your football career," Ryan threatened as he glared at the footballer, Dixon had done enough damage to Alexa and she didn't need to be hurt again.

"I would never hurt Lexi... she means the world to me," Cristiano said as he glared at the two brothers, he could understand where they were coming from; he would do the same for his two sisters.

David glared at Cristiano, he wasn't going to do anything right now but he wanted to make his point to the footballer clear; no model, actress or slut would ever be worth more than his twin sister.

"Make sure that it never happens," Ryan warned as he spotted Alexa on her way back, he didn't want her to know that they had threatened her boyfriend.

The blonde smiled as she came back completely unaware of what had happened while she had been gone; Alexa had a faint idea but she hoped her brothers wouldn't have done anything.

"Ready to go home," Cristiano asked as he wrapped an arm around her, he pulled her close as he forced a smile; he would never hurt Alexa and he could only hope that she would never hurt him.

Alexa nodded as she peeked at her brothers, she wouldn't see them again until the rehearsal dinner and it was a night that she wasn't looking forward to.

Since moving out Alexa had been pleased at the fact that she had been left out of her sister's wedding plans so far; she was a bridesmaid still but there was little she could do about that.

"We'll see you both soon," Ryan said as he smiled at his sister, he wanted to make sure that Cristiano understood that this wasn't over.