Part One - Chapter Ten: Thinking of the Future

Cristiano glared at his brother and brother-in-law as they walked into his room without knocking, they stared at him and the naked blonde that he held close to him in shock for a moment.

“Is that…” José Pereira started to ask, making Cristiano glare at him as he stared at Alexa who was asleep next to him; while Hugo raised an eyebrow at his brother.

Cristiano pressed the blonde close to him, he didn’t want them seeing anything they shouldn’t; the footballer would have locked his door if he had known that they were going to come home early.

“Get out,” Cristiano hissed making sure not to wake Alexa, he didn’t want her to panic if she woke up to find two strange men staring at them; she was only in her underwear.

Hugo rolled his eyes, he had really thought his brother was over bring strange girls back to the house; José and Hugo slipped out of the room as Cristiano pressed a kiss to Alexa’s head before he followed them.

Cristiano quietly closed the door then he turned to the two men who were waiting for answers, he was only in his boxers and wanted to get back to his girlfriend quickly.

“She’s pretty,” José said making the two brothers look at him, he was married to Katia and they both knew she’d have his head for looking at another woman.

José waved them off before looking at Cristiano waiting for answers, he was curious about what was going on; they had thought the footballer had passed this.

“It’s Alexa… she’s staying here for a while,” Cristiano said simply, he didn’t want to go into detail right now while he was just in his boxers and his girlfriend was sleeping; he wanted to get back to her.

Hugo had never seen his younger brother so serious about a woman; he couldn’t wait for their mother to hear about this, he knew that she would be thrilled.

“Why?” José asked concerned, he knew that Cristiano never did anything unless there was a reason behind it; Hugo watched as something dark flickered through Cristiano’s eyes.

He had never seen his brother like this before and there had to be a reason that Cristiano had reacted like this; he had only been on one date with Alexa and now she was staying with him.

“I couldn’t leave her there,” Cristiano muttered as Hugo stared at him for a moment; he had seen the same look on their father’s face once before and that was when their next door neighbour had battered his wife.

Nodding at Cristiano, Hugo ushered José away from the room knowing that Cristiano had done the right thing; watching his brother leave, Cristiano couldn’t help but smile softly.

Their father had thought them a lot growing up, he had taught them to be respectful to women, he taught them to care for one another but he also taught them that they were never to be abusive to the ones they love.

Stepping back into his bedroom, Cristiano looked at Alexa who was still asleep; he would never let any harm come to her and he just had to find a way to protect her.

***

Alexa didn’t like the way Cristiano wouldn’t let her out of his sight, it was like he was expecting her to break or something; she was curled up on the couch watching a film with him.

“Seriously I’m fine,” Alexa said as she looked at the footballer, he had the day off before his next match and training session; she wanted him to relax and enjoy their evening together while they could.

Cristiano chuckled as he kissed down her neck, he was relieved that she had taken his actions earlier well and he had worried that he might have overstepped a mark and scared her away.

Alexa kissed his lips as his hands trailed down her body pulling him close; Cristiano knew that they’d have to speak about this sooner or later.

“We need to talk,” Cristiano said making her look at him, sitting up; Alexa nodded knowing that there was a lot for them to talk about especially about their future if they had one.

“I’ve been thinking about the future… our future,” Cristiano said making Alexa look at him confused, they had been on one date and now they were sort of living together.

“I know you have to go back to Seattle before you go to University… but I want to give us ago,” Cristiano said looking at Alexa who sat quietly taking in what he said, she was curious about what he had in mind.

Alexa had never done long distance before and it wasn’t going to be easy for her if she did date Cristiano; she had seen how the press treated celebrities and she didn’t know if she was ready for that.

Cristiano looked at her, he wanted her to stay with him in Manchester but he couldn’t ask her to give up her life for him; she deserved a life that was uncomplicated and he wanted to give her that.

The footballer didn’t know what his future would hold and when the season was over, he had things to think about Real Madrid was interested in him and there was a chance that he would be leaving for Madrid in the summer.

“I would like that,” Alexa said making Cristiano smile at her, he carefully pulled her into a kiss; he would find a way for them to work this out even if it meant going long distance with her.

Cristiano ran his hands through her blonde hair, he wanted to show Alexa that he was serious about them and he had a feeling that it was going to take some time adjusting to having a new girlfriend.

“Have dinner with me tomorrow?” Cristiano asked as he smiled at her, Alexa raised an eyebrow at him; she knew what he meant but she couldn’t help herself.

Cristiano chuckled as he watched her, she was living with him for now and he hadn’t meant like that; he wished to take her on another date.

“I meant like a date… our second date,” Cristiano explained with a small smile, Alexa nodded as she agreed; she had a feeling it was going to be interesting.

***

“Hello Dixon, I was wondering if you would be interested in coming to Jennifer’s wedding,” Martha said softly into her phone, she didn’t want anyone to hear what she was doing and she knew it was the only way.

Alexa was ruining things for Jennifer and with the wedding now in six weeks, something had to be done; Jennifer was the centre of attention and it had to be that way.

“Of course Alexandria will be thrilled to see you,” Martha said as she smirked, she was sure that Dixon would be able to get Alexa away from the footballer.

Dixon had been the perfect boyfriend in Martha’s eyes and Alexa had been a fool to let him go; she was going to regret ever allowing Dixon to stray by not giving him what he wanted.

“Okay then… we will see you in four weeks,” Martha said pleased with herself, the family had warned her to not do anything and she didn’t know why they were all okay with her running off with Cristiano.

Disconnecting the call, Martha sighed as she looked at the clock, the next few weeks weren’t going to be easy but it would be worth it.

Alexa was going to behave one way or the other, the 23rd of May was going to be Jennifer’s day and nothing was going to change that; Alexa was going to fall in line.

Martha smirked as she walked back into the living room, she just couldn’t wait for Dixon to arrive and get rid of Cristiano.