Part Two - Chapter Seven: Happy Anniversary

Cristiano smiled watching Alexa come down the stairs to greet him, today was their first anniversary and he was determined to make today special.

Cristiano couldn't believe that it was officially a year since he had fallen in love with Alexa; it wasn't an easy year for them but they had made it.

Alexa looked beautiful in her black beading A-line asymmetric sweetheart dress paired with black glitter heeled sandals, Cristiano had arranged everything perfectly and he couldn't wait to take Alexa to dinner; he had a special surprise planned for her.

"Happy anniversary," Alexa murmured pressing a kiss to Cristiano's lips, she couldn't believe that he was taking her out; it had been a long time since they had been out especially with Heather's reveal still refresh in the news.

Cristiano grinned wrapping his arms around Alexa, he knew that the last few months had been difficult but he hoped after tonight everything would be perfect.

"Feliz aniversário," Cristiano replied pulling back from Alexa, he brushed some hair from her face as he smiled at her; he knew how lucky he was to still have her in his life.

Alexa took a deep breath, she was a little nervous and she couldn't remember the last time she had gotten dressed up like this to go out; it had been months ago and she was a little on edge.

"We better get going," Cristiano said checking his watch, they had a reservation to keep and he didn't wish to be late; he had everything planned out and being late certainly wouldn't do.

***

Cristiano pulled out Alexa's chair for her, he smiled as she pressed a kiss to his cheek before she sat down the restaurant was lovely and she was glad that no one was taking a lot of notice of them.

Cristiano sat down across from his girlfriend, he watched as she set down her black fringed tassle box clutch bag; he was a little nervous about tonight and he was sure that everything would be fine.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?" Cristiano asked as they were left alone, he wanted to relax and he was sure Alexa could see how nervous he was; he hated that he was getting all worked up about tonight and he was sure everything was going to be okay.

Alexa blushed a little, she smiled wondering why her boyfriend was acting so nervous; she had never seen him like this before and it made her a little nervous.

"Is everything okay?" Alexa asked while they waited for their drinks to be brought over, she didn't like him being nervous since it was never anything good.

Cristiano nodded his head, he didn't want anything to ruin tonight and he was sure that Alexa had no idea what he had planned for their evening; he had made sure that she didn't.

Alexa stared at Cristiano for a moment before she nodded her head, she didn't quite believe him but she was sure he would tell her sooner or later.

Cristiano smiled at Alexa, he had everything planned out to propose to her tonight; he hadn't told anyone but his mother what he was planning but he wanted it to be perfect for them.

"Okay then," Alexa said nodding, she moved to check her menu while Cristiano watched her in relief knowing that he was waiting for the perfect moment to pop the question; he was determined to make tonight memorable.

Cristiano picked up his own menu, he took a deep breath knowing that he had until dessert to relax before he asked Alexa to marry him.

***

Alexa shook her head as she spotted a man proposing to his girlfriend, he had put the ring in a glass of champagne and she couldn't help but think about how cheesy he had been.

"He could have pick something more creative," Alexa said with a shake of her head, she watched the waiter leave after he had served them some champagne; she smiled looking at Cristiano who hadn't seen what had just happened.

Cristiano raised an eyebrow at his girlfriend as he discreetly checked her glass to ensure his engagement ring was inside.

"He put the ring into her drink, whatever happened to getting down on one knee?" Alexa said completely unaware that Cristiano had done the same, her boyfriend stared at her a little panicked; he needed to get the ring back, he wanted this to be special.

Alexa stopped talking when she spotted what was in her drink, the room seemed to get quiet as she realised what her boyfriend had planned; she groaned realising what she had just done.

"Mierda," Alexa cursed softly, she couldn't believe that she had ruined her boyfriend proposal without even thinking; she dropped her head into her hands wishing to turn back time.

Cristiano shook his head and chuckled reaching over for her glass to get the ring, he really didn't mind and he had to admit that he wasn't hurt by this.

"I am so sorry," Alexa said shaking her head, she couldn't believe she had ruined this for him, her mind raced for a way to fix this; she hated that he had worked so hard and she had ruined it for him.

Cristiano carefully dried the 9ct white gold diamond cluster engagement ring in a napkin, he smiled amused as Alexa tried to make this right.

"It's fine amor... I can think of another way to do this," Cristiano said softly before he got to his feet and moved to kneel down before her; he didn't have much to say but he knew what he needed to do.

"Alexandria Maria Dylan, you are my best friend, my lover and my soul-mate... will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?" Cristiano said smiling up at Alexa, he couldn't see his life without her and he had wanted to do this months ago.

Alexa nodded her head as tears filled her eyes, she really couldn't believe that this was happening; she was in awe of the fact that he was asking her to marry him.

"Yes," Alexa whispered making Cristiano smile as he carefully slipped the ring onto her finger, he moved to kiss her knowing that he was glad that it had worked out.

Alexa wrapped her arms around Cristiano's neck, she didn't care who saw them only that she was now engaged to Cristiano and that was all that mattered.

"Shall we go home?" Cristiano asked pulling back from Alexa and brushing some hair from her face, he wanted to celebrate and he was sure his mother was dying to hear if Alexa had said yes.

Alexa nodded her head, she didn't let go of Cristiano before she kissed him again; she couldn't believe how perfect everything seemed and she hoped it stay that way.

Heather wouldn't be a problem after the baby was born and Alexa was determined to make sure that she bonded with Cristiano's son; she had no idea how she would cope but she was going to help him in any way that she could.

Cristiano chuckled pulling away from Alexa, he was so happy right now and no one could take the smile from his face; Alexa was his fiancée and he couldn't believe she had said yes.

Alexa carefully let go of her fiancé, she smiled as he moved to pay the bill before she looked at her engagement ring; it was amazing and she couldn't believe that she was now engaged to Cristiano.

Alexa took a deep breath, she would think about everything else later on right now she wished to celebrate.