Part One - Chapter Thirty: Jealous Fans

Alexa sighed as she tried to concentrate, she was all too aware that she was being stared at by students that were passing her; she groaned as she re-read the same line again as she tried to focus on what she was doing.

It was now the first week of October and Cristiano was at home sulking since he had been injured during the Real Madrid vs. Marseille in a group stage match for the champion’s league.

Alexa glanced at Daniella who was sat next to her texting her boyfriend; she rolled her eyes as she again tried to concentrate.

“Excuse me, is it true that you’re Cristiano Ronaldo’s girlfriend?” asked a girl rather loudly, she popped her chewing gum as she stared at the two women that she had walked over.

Her friends hovered back as they watched the exchange, none of them wanting to believe that Alexa was dating the superstar footballer.

Alexa held back a roll of her eyes as she looked at the faked tanned bleached blonde girl before her; she wasn’t even surprised that she had been approached like this, it happened a lot from fangirls.

“Yes,” Alexa said as she glanced at the girl’s clothing, she looked like she had just stepped off a summer catwalk instead of attending classes; it was chilly out and Alexa resisted the urge to tell the girl to get a coat or something.

The girl frowned offering Alexa a dirty look, Daniella snorted amused from next to Alexa; this was the first time the two girls had been approached like this about their relationships.

Most people got excited and asked for pictures or autographs from the pair, this was the first time someone negative had approached them while they were alone.

“What does he see in you?” the girl asked after a moment, Alexa looked at her taken back; she had been warned by Cristiano’s sisters about this and she still wasn’t prepared for it.

Daniella looked at her friend before Alexa shook her head amused, she couldn’t believe that she was being judged by someone who didn’t know her.

“A lot more than he would ever see in you,” Alexa snapped making Daniella hold back a laugh; the girl stared at Alexa for a moment before she turned on her heel and walked away, Alexa sighed as she looked at her best friend who grinned at her.

Shaking her head, Alexa tried to concentrate again before Daniella laughed; she was thrilled that Alexa was slowly growing more confident and Cristiano had made her that way.

“I’ll see you later,” Daniella said with a grin as she collected her things, her eyes catching sight of a familiar face as she prepared to leave.

As Daniella left, Cristiano sat down next to his confused girlfriend with a smile on his face; he hadn’t been able to resist coming to see her.

Alexa stared at her boyfriend who smiled at her, people were looking at them and whispering about Cristiano Ronaldo being in the university library; they had never thought that they would see the day.

“Cris, what are you doing here?” Alexa asked surprised to see him, she couldn’t remember if he had physio appointment or not today; he was meant to be resting and not running around after her.

Alexa closed her book, there was little chance of concentrating now that her boyfriend was here; she would just have to try and study later on.

“I wanted to visit my girlfriend…” Cristiano said making Alexa smile before she kissed him softly; he grinned at her as he brought her close and gave her a kiss.

“How about we go out for lunch?” Cristiano said making her nod as she picked up her bag and the book she had been trying to reading.

***

Walking towards the restaurant that Cristiano had chosen for lunch, Alexa wondered why her boyfriend seemed a little jumpy; she felt him wrap an arm around her waist and smiled at him.

Alexa was used to the press that seemed to follow her everywhere and didn’t relent no matter what was going on; Cristiano held her close until they were seated inside.

“Okay, Cris what’s going on?” Alexa asked making her boyfriend look at her, he knew that he had been a little off with her; he sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

Cristiano wasn’t going to be training for a new more weeks and the footballer had made a decision on how to spend his time, he didn’t think that it would be too bad and he was sure Alexa would agree.

“I’m thinking of taking a holiday to Miami…” Cristiano said making his girlfriend nod at him; she knew that he was a little stressed about not playing until he had recovered completely.

Alexa watched him, she couldn’t take time off university with coursework due in and she didn’t wish to lose her part-time job at the book store; she was sure that he would be fine with his friends for a holiday without her.

“Okay,” Alexa said calmly making Cristiano smile at her, he pressed a kiss to her lips; this was a big test in their relationship, he wasn’t going to even look at any of the woman that were sure to throw themselves at him.

“It’ll only be for a long weekend,” Cristiano told her, he didn’t think he could be away from her for too long; Alexa nodded, she trusted him and she doubted that he could get into any trouble in four days.

Cristiano stared at theswarovski violet crystal flower necklace that lay around Alexa’s neck; it was the one he had gotten her for her birthday back in September, it only seemed like yesterday instead of a month ago.

Cristiano smiled before fishing something out of his pocket, Alexa watching him warily; it was going to be another expensive gift and she was curious about why he kept doing this.

“Cris, if this is another expensive gift…” Alexa warned as he handed her the black jewellery box, she sighed as she watched him chuckle amused at her words.

Cristiano knew that she hated being given expensive gifts if she thought this was bad, he wondered how she was react when he got her a car for Christmas.

Alexa opened the box and glared at her boyfriend at the sight of the diamond sterling silver butterfly bracelet that he had gotten her; Cristiano chuckled as he took the box from her and gently picked up the bracelet.

Cristiano gently took Alexa’s hand before he secured it in place, he grinned at his girlfriend who still looked a little annoyed; he hadn’t been able to resist when he had spotted it.

“I like buying you things…” Cristiano told her before he kissed her softly, Alexa knew that he needed this holiday; but that didn’t stop the bad feeling in her stomach.

Alexa shook her head as she leant over and kissed her boyfriend, she was sure that he wouldn’t cheat on her and there was no way that Cristiano would do anything to hurt her.

“I love you,” Alexa said as she brushed her fingers through his hair, she smiled at him as she wondered why he had been so nervous to tell her about his plans; she trusted him and she guessed that past girlfriends hadn’t.

“Eu te amo,” Cristiano replied as he kissed Alexa, she had been his girlfriend for six months now and it made him smile; he’d never had someone trust him so much and he couldn’t wait to see what would happen next.

The couple were going from strength to strength and Cristiano was determined not to do anything that would mess it up for himself; Alexa was the woman of his dreams.