Part Two - Chapter Two: Katia's Gift

Alexa sighed as she stroked Noela; she was sitting out in the back garden with the dogs avoiding Cristiano and Heather; her boyfriend had been a little too attentive to the brunette since it had been revealed that she was carrying his son.

"Lexi... I was wondering where you were" Katia said stepping into the back garden, Alexa forced a smile as she looked at her; Noela wagged her tail as the woman sat next Alexa.

Katia sighed looking back at the house; she knew her brother had gotten a little carried away with the news that he was going to have a little boy.

"Are you okay?" Katia asked softly concerned for her brother's girlfriend, Heather was currently having Hugo and Cristiano run round after her like headless chickens.

"Never better," Alexa lied as she looked down at her hands, she knew that she was being a little petty but she didn't like how much time Cristiano had spent with Heather.

Katia sighed and pulled Alexa into a hug, she had no idea what was going on with her brother but she hoped that he saw sense soon before he lost Alexa for good.

"It'll be okay," Katia said trying to comfort Alexa, she frowned as she pulled away from her and shook her head; Alexa got to her feet and walked away needing so time alone.

Katia pursed her lips as she watched Alexa leave, she knew that Cristiano's and Alexa's relationship was strained and she hoped that what she had planned would make things a little better for them.

***

Katia smiled handing her brother an envelope and gave him a hug, she couldn't have found a better time to give it to him.

"It's an early birthday present," Katia said pleased with herself, she smiled as Cristiano looked at her confused, wondering why he was getting it now.

Katia sat down on the couch in the living room; she glanced at Heather who was pretending to watch television; Cristiano opened the envelope to find plane tickets and a hotel reservation.

"It's for you and Lexi... I figured you two needed a holiday," Katia said making her brother look at her, he couldn't remember the last time that him and Alexa had been alone since the doctor told him that the baby was a boy.

Heather frowned as she looked at them, she didn't like this at all and was determined to make sure that Alexa didn't get her nails back into Cristiano; everything was finally going her way.

"What about me?" Heather asked making Katia glare at her, she knew what the American waitress wanted, she wanted to take Alexa's place and she hoped that this holiday would allow Cristiano to realise that he was neglecting his girlfriend.  

"You'll be staying with us," Katia said making Heather frown looking back at the television, Cristiano smiled softly at his sister grateful for her gift; he was glad that she had gotten it for them.

"You better go and tell Lexi the good news... your flight leaves tonight," Katia told Cristiano who nodded and left the room.

Once Cristiano had gone the smile dropped off Katia's face, she glared at the brunette who was attempting to ignore her.

"You won't pull them apart," Katia said making Heather look at her; the brunette rolled her eyes amused; she knew that his sisters' disliked her.

"Listen here... you may be having his baby, but he loves Alexa... you drugged him to get him to sleep with you, he'll never leave her for you," Katia spat making Heather smirked resting her hand on her stomach.

She didn't care what they said, she wasn't going anywhere unless she wanted to and it would be with a lot more money than she had been offered.

"I don't think so," Heather said as she brushed passed Katia making her want to slap her, the sooner Cristiano snapped out of this the better.

***

It took Cristiano nearly an hour to find Alexa and if she hadn't walked through the front door; then it would have taken him longer.

Cristiano was a little upset that he hadn't even known that she was out of the house; he wondered how he could have missed it.

"Hola..." Cristiano said wrapping his arms around Alexa, who forced a smile at him; he hadn't spoken to her properly since the scan and she was a little on edge right now about why he was so happy.

Cristiano smiled as he showed her the gift from Cátia; the blonde bit her lip wondering if this was a good idea.

"Do you need help packing?" Cristiano asked but Alexa shook her head making him confused; he didn't know what was wrong with his girlfriend.

Katia looked at her brother as Alexa walked away; she noticed the confused look on his face, he looked at Katia who sighed and shook her head and walked back into the living room.

Cristiano stood quietly before he followed after his sister, she clearly knew what was going on and he wanted answers; he didn't know why his girlfriend was so upset.

"What's wrong?" Cristiano asked as Katia sat down on the couch and changed the channel, she glanced at him as he moved to sit next to her; Cristiano looked at her wondering what she wasn't telling him.

"You're breaking your promise," Katia said making Cristiano open his mouth to protest before she stopped him and shook her head; he didn't see what he was doing.

"You're pushing her away Cris, you've spent more time with Heather than you have Lexi," Katia said to her brother, Cristiano sat quietly as the guilt started to eat away at him; he knew that he had been helping Heather more this week but he hadn't meant to push Alexa away.

"I want you to show Lexi that you still love her," Katia told Cristiano, who watched her for a moment and nodded; he now understood why she had given him the tickets to Verona for that weekend.

"Don't let Alexa get away..." Katia said standing and walked out of the room; Cristiano sat quietly before he stood and made his way upstairs, he needed to make things right.

Cristiano quietly entered their bedroom and smiled softly as he watched his girlfriend, he wasn't going to let her get away; he moved towards her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I love you," Cristiano said as he kissed her neck, Alexa sighed as he gently started to nibble at her neck; she relaxed in his arms.

Cristiano smiled softly as he turned her to face him, he kissed her lips and rested her arms on her hips; he was sure that he could make things right between them.

"I love you so much, nena... I'm sorry," Cristiano told her making Alexa rest her head against his; Cristiano softly kissed her again as he held her close to him.

"I know, it's okay... I love you too," Alexa said making him shake his head pulling back and looked her in her eyes as he moved to cup her face.

"No it's not... I'll make it up to you," Cristiano told her making the blonde look at him; Cristiano pulled her into a kiss that was so tender it was like she would break if he was to use more force.

Alexa moved her arms to rest on Cristiano's shoulders; things had been difficult for them and that there were still four months until Heather was gone.

Alexa couldn't help but hope this was the lowest they got, it really scared her that Heather was getting so close to Cristiano.