Part Two - Chapter Twelve: Goodbye Cristiano

Cristiano took a deep breath making sure that he had everything, he hated to leave but he had to captain his national team in the world cup.

Cristiano knew it wasn’t going to be easy, he had only become a father a few days earlier and he would be leaving Alexa alone with their son.

“It’ll be okay,” Alexa said walking into the room carrying Junior, she was going to miss him and was a little sad she couldn’t go the airport with him; they didn’t want the paparazzi harassing them.

They were having a field day with the news that not only had Cristiano become a father but that his fiancée had adopted the little boy; it was a big news day especially with the world cup coming up.

“I know… I just wish you were both coming with me,” Cristiano said walking over to his fiancée, he brushed his fingers gently against Junior’s head; he sighed knowing that it would be weeks before he saw them again.

Alexa smiled gently giving Cristiano a kiss, she was sure that everything would be fine while Cristiano was gone; Daniella had arrived to keep her company and she was sure her friend would be helpful.

Alexa had been a little surprised when Daniella had shown up, she looked angry and it was clear she’d had another fight with Karim over something.

“We’ll speak every night,” Alexa reassured Cristiano, she was going to miss him and she was sure that there wouldn’t be a day were they didn’t speak to one another.

Cristiano nodded pressing a kiss to the top of Junior’s head, he was sure that whatever happened he would be coming home to his small family; they were always going to be waiting for him.

***

Daniella wrinkled her nose staring down at Junior as Cristiano and Alexa said their goodbyes, she had been shocked when Alexa had told her that she had adopted the newborn.

It wasn’t what Daniella had expected to happen and she had come to Portugal to have a little fun while her boyfriend was away at the world cup; she was tired of arguing and just wanted some fun.

Alexa wasn’t supposed to go and adopt Cristiano’s brat, Daniella had been convinced her friend would dump her fiancé but it hadn’t happened and now she was forced to watch as Alexa’s relationship continued to move forward.

“I’ll miss you,” Alexa whispered brushing her fingers through Cristiano’s hair, she gave him a small kiss as Hugo waited patiently for his brother to finish saying goodbye to his fiancée.

Cristiano deepened the kiss, he held her close ignoring everything as he tried to enjoy his moment with Alexa; he didn’t know when he would get to hold her like this again.

Daniella rolled her eyes as she coughed to snap the couple out of their little world, she didn’t know how Alexa was so attached to Cristiano; she didn’t seem like her best friend anymore.

Alexa blinked peeking at Daniella, she didn’t know what had gotten into her friend but she was sure it was about the problems in her own relationship with Karim.

Cristiano pulled Alexa’s attention back to him, he didn’t know what was going on with Daniella but she wasn’t going to ruin this for him; he knew very little about what was going on between her and Karim.

From what Cristiano had heard, Karim wanted to take the next step with Daniella and had asked her to move in with him; she had turned him down not wanting to move forward or even discuss things with him.

“I love you,” Cristiano whispered kissing Alexa again, he brushed his fingers through her hair as she looked up at him; he didn’t care that Daniella didn’t like him being affectionate, he was determined to spend some time with Alexa.

“I love you too,” Alexa said gently pulling away from him, he would miss his flight if he didn’t leave now and she doubted that his team-mates would be happy if he wasn’t there.

Cristiano sighed looking at Alexa, he was going to miss her so much but he had to go; he was sure that when he came back that they could go on a nice holiday together.

“Go… just call me when you land,” Alexa said smiling at him, she crossed her arms knowing that if she didn’t stop herself then he would miss his flight.

Cristiano nodded his head as Hugo walked out to the car, she was right and he wasn’t going to let a moment pass before he called her when he landed in South Africa.

“Good luck,” Alexa said gently, she was sure Portugal would do perfectly in the tournament and she would be supporting Cristiano from the couch in every match that he played.

***

“You used to be fun,” Daniella grumbled watching Alexa with Junior, she sat back on the couch watching her friend; she’d expected everything to be like old times, she hadn’t thought she’d be watching Alexa mothering a child.

Alexa rolled her green eyes, she knew that it must be frustrating for Daniella; her life had changed so much in the last few months, she was engaged now and had an adorable little boy.

Alexa sat down on the couch, she didn’t know what Daniella expected anymore; her friend was always looking for something fun to do.

“How are things between you and Karim?” Alexa asked carefully, she worried for her friend and she knew that her current frostiness came from the trouble she was having with her own boyfriend.

Daniella pursed her lips as she glared at her friend, she didn’t want to take about her pain in the ass boyfriend; she was glad he would be gone for a few weeks and she refused to support him while he was playing in the world cup.

Alexa sighed shaking her head, she had thought Daniella was so happy with her boyfriend; she didn’t understand what had gone wrong especially with the red head shutting her out in the last few months.

“Okay then… do you want to watch a movie?” Alexa offered looking at her friend, she wasn’t sure what to do or say but Junior was going down for a nap soon so she would have some free time.

Daniella scoffed and jumped to her feet, she stalked from the living room and slapped the front door on the way out leaving Alexa confused behind her.

Alexa blinked wondering what she had done, she sighed shaking her head and looked down at Junior; she truly didn’t know what had gotten into Daniella.

“Time for nap time,” Alexa cooed standing up, she cuddled Junior wondering how she had gotten so lucky; he was a quiet baby and even at a few days old he loved to spend time with his new mother.

Alexa had been a little worried that he would know that she wasn’t his real mother, she was nervous about it and Cristiano had promised her that they wouldn’t say a word to Junior about the adoption until he was over.

Alexa was going to be the only mother that he would ever know and Cristiano was sure of that; Heather had seen him as a meal ticket and Junior would understand a lot better when he was older.

Junior babbled making Alexa smile, she was glad that he looked so much like his father; she adored him and there wasn’t a moment that she had regretted adopting him.

Alexa headed upstairs to put him to bed, it was going to be a long couple of weeks without Cristiano.