Part Two - Chapter Sixteen: Coming Home

Cristiano sighed packing Alexa’s bag, she was finally being released from hospital; it had been a week since she had woken up and the doctor thought it was time for her to go home.

Cristiano smiled at his fiancée as she stepped out of the bathroom dressed in her black wrap front printed jersey top and slim boot cut jeans paired with black block heel desert boots so that she could finally come home.

Cristiano was thrilled especially since they hadn’t caught the two men that had done this to her; three weeks had past now and there was still no new news.

“You ready amor?” Cristiano asked Alexa carefully looking at his fiancée, she wasn’t doing as well as she let on and he was glad that she was going to get help.

Alexa nodded her head as she looked down at her hands, she didn’t think she was pure enough for Cristiano anymore; she didn’t think that Cristiano was ever going to want her in that way again.

Cristiano had wanted her to be as comfortable as possible; he didn't care what the press thought about her outfit, she had been assaulted and she deserved to be comfortable.

Cristiano watched her closely before he moved to take her hand causing Alexa to jump and she looked up at him; Cristiano smiled at her, he would do anything to make her feel better.

“I’m ready,” Alexa said making Cristiano smile as she got to her feet, the doctor said that she had been lucky to walk away with so little injuries but it was clear that mentally it would take time for her to recover.

It had taken awhile for her to speak to him directly and even now she still had problems, Cristiano tried everything to put her mind at rest but he knew that she would be going to therapy for a while.

“It’ll be okay, Lexi. No one will hurt you,” Cristiano reassured her as they left the room; he kept her close as they checked out of the hospital and headed for his car that was out back.

Cristiano wanted to ensure that no press were to get close to his fiancée while she recovered from what had happened to her; Cristiano would do anything to help her get better after what had happened.

Cristiano had considered sending Alexa back to Seattle to help her recover properly away from the lime-light.

Jennifer had thought that it might be too much for the sister to be sent anyway from her fiancé; it might have a negative reaction for Alexa, who would think that Cristiano didn’t want her anymore.

So Jennifer had made the decision to travel out to Portugal to be with her sister; she knew that Cristiano would look after Alexa and protect her with his life.

***

Alexa chewed on her lip as she sat down on their bed, Cristiano watched her closely as he put her bag down and smiled at her; he sat down quietly next to her.

“Do you need anything?” Cristiano asked softly making Alexa look at him, she stared at him for a moment; she wondered when he would send her away because of what had happened.

Alexa knew that she was being silly but she just wanted to know that he still had feelings for her and the evil voice in her head was wrong; that she wasn’t disgusting after what had happened to her.

“Please… just hold me,” Alexa said making Cristiano look at her; he carefully pulled her into a hug as they lay back on their bed, he was mindful of her fractured and bruised rips.

Alexa cuddled into Cristiano’s side, he loved her but she needed to hear it from him; he had done a lot of research when he had heard what she had been through and she needed him to support her.

“I love you,” Cristiano murmured making a small smile form on Alexa’s face as she buried her head into his neck; she closed her eyes resting in his arms, Cristiano smiled as he looked at her.

“Love you too,” Alexa murmured tiredly, she hadn’t been sleeping properly while she had been in hospital and now she just wanted to sleep.

Cristiano closed his eyes before hearing the front door slam, he sighed as he looked at Alexa who was clutching to his shirt as she now slept.

Cristiano smiled softly watching her, he was happy that she was now sleeping since he had worried about her having nightmares of what had happened.

***

Jennifer smiled moving about Cristiano’s kitchen as she started to prepare some dinner, she had ushered Cristiano out of the house, so that she could speak with Alexa alone; she wanted to make sure her sister was okay.

“How are you?” Jennifer asked softly, she had no idea how her sister felt about being attacked but she hoped to use her own recovery from abuse to help Alexa in some small way.

Alexa peeked at her sister as she sat at the dining table, she truly didn’t know what to say about what had happened; she wished that there was some way to change what had happened to her.

“I’m feeling better…” Alexa said making Jennifer look at her, the blonde smiled at her softly; she watched her for a moment and nodded, it would take time for her to fully recover from what had happened.

Jennifer continued to prepare the stew for dinner, Alexa watched her move while she nibbled on some bread; Jennifer had insisted on making the blonde her favourite meal and something that was easy on dinner.

“How are things with you and Cristiano?” Jennifer asked she had found the two cuddling in bed when she had returned from shopping; she knew that the footballer was worried about Alexa and he had every right to be.

What had happened to Alexa was going to change her life and it was up to Alexa if she was going to allow the actions of two idiots ruin her life in some way.

“I’m happy… I’m glad that he’s sticking with me after all of this,” Alexa said making Jennifer look at her and smile, it was going to be a long road ahead of them and it was going to take a lot of time for Alexa to recover mentally from what had happened.

“Of course he’s sticking with you… in Cristiano’s eyes the world revolves around you and your son,” Jennifer said glad that Dolores was watching Junior for a while; they didn’t want Alexa rushing her recovery for anything.

Alexa blushed as she looked down at her hands, she knew that she didn’t deserve Cristiano but she would do anything for him.

“So dinner is nearly done and Cristiano should be back soon,” Jennifer said wiping her hands, she didn’t know what was going to happen but she knew that Cristiano was never going to allow anything to happen to her sister again.

Alexa nodded as she sniffed the air, she loved the smell of stew when it was cooking; she rarely got to spell it since she didn’t have time to cook anything like that.

It didn’t take long for the two of them to serve dinner once Cristiano returned home; he wasn’t far from Alexa’s side when he entered the house making Jennifer smile knowing that her sister was going to be safe.

It was something that eased Alexa’s mind and Cristiano was never far from her in case she needed him; he had even ensured that he had a couple of weeks off before he did anything after the world cup.

Alexa was his top priority along with their little boy, Cristiano was doing everything in his power to make sure that no one ever got the chance to hurt Alexa again.