⁰⁶, TEENAGERS WILL BE TEENAGERS

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗 . . . 𝘛𝘦𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘉𝘦 𝘛𝘦𝘦𝘯𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴
❝ We have all the time in the world. ❞

  SOME MIGHT CONSIDER Charlie Gilmore a bad employee for the simple fact that she halted her usual morning shift the second her mother and sister entered the diner. But, then again, when compared to Jess who'd make eye contact with customers asking for refills and stroll past them, Charlie taking a break during a busy shift was swept under the rug.

  "Good morning, family," Charlie greeted, setting down a trio of mugs before filling them nearly to the brim with coffee.

  "Why are you in such a good mood?" Rory questioned with a raised brow.

  "Don't question, just accept," Lorelai said quickly, "You're my favorite. . . until proven otherwise."

  "Ah, the princess has been de-throned," Charlie teased her sister before taking a seat across her mother.

  "It's so weird seeing him talk like that," Lorelai said, making the twins' tension disappear and search for the subject of their mother's comment, "Just all friendly. He's usually only good for a couple of gruff monosyllables and then he's off."

  Charlie huffed out a laugh after realizing her mother had been referring to the diner owner who was happily chatting with a woman across the restaurant.

  "Maybe he just doesn't like you guys."

  "Ouch, harsh."

  "What?" Charlie said defensively, "He, most of the time, talks too much to me."

  "You're the exception, apparently for all the males in that family," Lorelai dismissed with a wave of her hand, making Charlie purse her lips in annoyance. "He never flirts with any of the women, do you two notice that?"

  "He's flirted with you multiple times," Charlie sighed tiredly, standing as if to signify that she was finished with the conversation.

  "Don't start!"

  "Hey, flirt with him right now we need food." 

  Charlie shook her head as her mother flirted with Luke in a thick southern accent, a sliver of laughter sneaking out when Luke told her to keep her pants on.

  "Rory and my mom think you have a secret life."

  Luke gave Charlie a look as she slid behind the counter, grabbing a trio of plates. She returned this look with one of her own— complete with a half-smile.