²⁵, A LUKE DANES NIGHTMARE

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. . . A Luke Danes Nightmare
❝ I feel like this is a fever dream

  CHARLIE GILMORE HONESTLY just wanted pancakes. It was too early in the morning to be thinking, she only had two cups of coffee in her system and not nearly enough food, and when her mother suggested Luke's, Charlie jumped at the idea.

  What she hadn't anticipated was her mother having to go on a hunt for the diner owner, being left alone in a mid-morning rush of people who talked far too loud.

  And then that familiar voice ripped through it all like a freshly sharpened blade.

  "Pea!"

  Charlie grabbed her coffee cup, grumbling as she trudged upstairs towards the apartment, lazily pushing the door open only for her eyes to double in size.

  It looked like Hurricane Jess had stopped by for a visit-- packing boxes littered the room, half-exploded leaving clothing and books alike scattered amongst the once neat space.

  "So," Charlie noted to a fuming Luke, "Jess's stuff finally came."

  He glared.

  "Look, can you make pancakes?"

  "Wait you can make pancakes?"

  "That taste just like Uncle Luke's," Jess smirked, emerging from the bathroom.

  "I cannot believe you've kept that from your own mother."

  "You've been in there for two hours," Luke pointed an accusatory finger at a not-so-phased Jess.

  "Yeah, well, my hair just ain't bouncing and behaving today."

  "There are other people living here, too, you know."

  "Huh." Jess retrieved three books and his denim jacket, "You learn something new every day." The boy pulled the door open, only faltering to give Charlie a questioning look, "You coming?"

  "Oh, so you did see me here." 

  Jess shook his head with a small smile, Charlie maneuvered around the boxes to follow the boy downstairs.

  Jess and Charlie usually were out and about, but after walking laps around the town what felt like five times, they chose to do something calm. Like reading books while blasting rather angry music.

  Charlie hated the chaos that was their apartment, it looked like a hoarders episode but she wasn't going to say anything to Jess. Or to Luke. She knew the intervention would come soon enough, as Luke was not a messy man.