¹⁸, A BOYFRIEND SCANDAL

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. . . A Boyfriend Scandal
❝ It's 'cause you weren't here, Gilmore

  STARS HOLLOW WELCOMED Charlie home with open arms as if the town itself and all its residents had felt the brutal chill of winter in her absence, and the second she drove past the town line they felt a subtle warmth from the sun.

  Alright, that was how Charlie wished she was welcomed home.

  It was not.

  "When were you gonna tell me?"

  Charlie furrowed her brows, allowing her bag to drop to the tiled floor of Luke's Diner with a thump. She decided to stop by the diner before heading home, say hi to Luke, say sorry to Jess. Avoid her mother and sister to allow the hope that they'd made up to last a little longer.

  Not be interrogated.

  "Right, sorry," Charlie ran a hand through her hair, "I got these highlights—"

  "This is not a time to be funny."

  "You think I'm funny?" Charlie grinned, only for it to melt under Luke's glare. "Okay, I give, what'd I do?"

  "You're dating someone and didn't tell me!"

  "I'm what?" Charlie laughed. Not a giggle or a snicker, a full-blown, clutching-her-stomach laugh. "Who am I supposed to be dating?"

  "The Hobo."

  "Finn?" Charlie crossed her arms, "He's just a friend. And he's not a hobo!"

  "Wait so you're not. . ." Luke stuttered, blinking rapidly, unable to digest what she was saying. "Dating anyone?"

  "Why would you think I was?"

  "Well. . ."

  "Charlotte!" Miss Patty came bustling into the diner, Babette in tow, "We've all been waiting for you to come home and tell us about that scrumptious boy you've had on a leash."

  "So that's why," Charlie mumbled, receiving a nod from the diner owner. "I'm not dating him," Charlie defended, only for Patty to wink, "No, like, I'm really not dating him."

  "Sure you aren't," Patty shooed Luke, the man walking away with a  small scowl, "Okay, now that it's just us girls—"

  "He's not my boyfriend!" Charlie repeated, shocking both women, "Can't a girl just have friends?"

  Patty gave her a look that said all she needed to know, so Charlie scoffed and turned on her heel. Acting without thinking, Charlie fled up the stairs stomping her way up.