²⁴, THE PROJECT

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 . . . 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘫𝘦𝘤𝘵
❝ Jess is a very real thing in a not-so-real world, and that's why I think people have such a problem accepting him. ❞

 "CHARLOTTE GILMORE ALWAYS wears three rings." 

  Jess stood in front of the class, focusing on his paper and not the girl attentively watching him fold over the corner of his notes.

  "One is an antique from her grandmother, it's silver and I don't think it's been anywhere but her right index finger since we met. One is from her mother, it's a flower band and it was a present for her sixteenth birthday. The last one is from Luke Danes, it's a compass and she twists it when she's nervous. Or when she's sad."

  "Charlie always gets the same thing from Luke's," He glanced up briefly, making eye contact with his girl, "For breakfast, French toast and bacon, and the biggest cup of coffee she can find. I swear she was going to drink straight from the pot once." A few students chuckled at that, "For dinner, a burger with everything on it, side of fries and cherry coke."

  "Her nose scrunches up when she lies," Jess scratched his ear before continuing, "She thinks other people's clothing are somehow more comfortable than her own and refuses to sit normally in her seat," The girl instantly brought her leg from its propped up position to the floor, ignoring Jess' small smirk, "Charlotte loves everyone in Stars Hollow," He watched as Liam and Emma's gazed drifted to the girl, "She'll never admit it, I still haven't figured that out."

  "But, Charlie cares about everyone," He sighed, his posture slumping, "She remembered Emma's birthday and sent her the only original Led Zeppelin album she was missing. Dragged me two hours away to find it."

  Emma's jaw went slack, the gift had been anonymous, and despite their slow reconciliation, the last person she expected it to be was Charlie.

  "She makes a fresh batch of chili cheese fries every Friday because Liam comes in for them without fail," The boy looked down at his desk, fiddling with his fingers, "She plays her songs on the steps of Luke's diner because he wants to hear them but can't leave work. She reads books she doesn't like so she can talk to her sister about them, Charlie does everything for everyone and doesn't expect a thing in return, she doesn't even realize she does it."

  Jess paused, licking his lips, "Charlotte Gilmore has a piece of all of us in her, she's funny like her mom, smart like her sister, she's charismatic like Emma, and she's a rebel," He couldn't help but smirk as he finished speaking, "Charlie is so carelessly herself, and that's only something she can be."

  Their teacher lightly clapped for the boy, accepting his paper and stacking it in the pile. Jess shrugged, wandering back to his seat right behind Charlie.