¹⁷, NEW YEAR'S KISS

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍. . . New Year's Kiss
❝ No one could ever tame us

  CHRISTMAS EVE WAS a hectic day for Charlie Gilmore. Finn had met her in Stars Hollow, accepting the gift of a beanie that read 'I HEART NEW YORK CITY' and a Hershey's chocolate bar. He repeated the phrase 'I love them!' nearly fifteen times, but Charlie knew he was exaggerating.

  There had been a rather awkward interaction when Charlie stopped by Liam's to give him a new football and a copy of Archie's Comics she'd found hidden in the Star's Hollow bookstore, and Liam questioned why a boy waited patiently for her on the sidewalk.

  She dodged an answer by claiming he was a stalker.

  The teen had driven her mother's jeep all the way to Hartford and was so tired when she got to her grandparent's Emily sent her straight to her room for bed.

  Christmas morning was, to put it lightly, magical. The house had been decorated beautifully, snow was floating gently from the skies, and there was a small mountain of presents under the tree.

  Emily loved the Chanel bag Charlie had gotten her. The teen found it at a second-hand shop, not that anyone could even tell, and it had been on major discount. Richard was overjoyed when he opened a new fountain pen and a book on '100 places to travel after retirement'.

  Charlie now had an abundance of expensive dresses she'd never wear, a new leather notebook, and one present that shocked her into silence.

  "Well, do you like it?"

  "You got me a guitar," Charlie spoke in awe of the instrument, it wasn't a cheap one either. The girl could tell it was real wood, the strings were brand new along with a new tuner and picks. "You got me a guitar?"

  "I'm glad you know what it is," Emily nervously spoke, "But do you like it?"

  "I love it," Charlie finally breathed out, pulling both grandparents into a hug. Much to their shock. "Thank you, guys."

  "Merry Christmas, Charlie," Richard laughed, patting the girl on the back before she pulled away.

  "Merry Christmas."

  Emily didn't hide her shock when Charlie tested out the guitar. The girl had never played music in front of her grandparents before, but on that magical day, when she felt more comfortable in her grandparents' house than her own, she pulled a few tunes from the stiff strings and Richard openly complimented this, but somehow Emily's silent smile was the highest praise of all.

  The teen swore the week had come and gone in a matter of seconds. She'd spent most of it finding her favorite spots on the Gilmore property and starting (never finishing) new songs. Charlie officially loved the balcony attached to her room, the pool house, and the swing in the backyard that hadn't been used. . . ever.