²⁰, BEHIND THE RORY CURTAIN

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘. . . Behind The Rory Curtain
❝ Because, come on, what kid doesn't want to see Johnny Depp in a crop top? ❞

"CHARLIE!" IT SEEMED not one, but two Gilmores had a plus one that was annoying them. Lorelai still had Richard following her around, and now Charlie could see Rory had Paris Geller tagging along, "You have to save Mom from Grandpa."

Both Paris and Rory had taken seats at the counter in Luke's, earning odd looks from Luke himself.

"I can't," The girl laughed, eyeing Paris who was staring at her with a calculating look, "I have to work." She gestured to the coffee pot she was holding. "What are you doing?"

Paris was searching the menu as if it was holding government secrets.

"Observing."

"Okay," Charlie gave the girl a weird look, "Do you want anything or. . ."

"Coffee, please," Rory pleaded, smiling when her sister grabbed a large mug.

"Hey, Rory, who's your friend?" Luke questioned, filling the mug with the coffee pot Charlie had set down moments before.

"Angela Lansbury," Rory answered for Paris.

"Are you the owner here?"

"Yep. You want some coffee, Angela?"

"No, thanks. So, you run the diner, huh?"

"Oh, boy."

Rory could tell this wouldn't go well. Paris was too dedicated to finding something wrong with Stars Hollow, and Charlie already didn't like the girl. The absolute last thing Paris needed to do was say one wrong thing about Luke.

"You get a lot of truckers through here?"

"Truckers?" Luke questioned.

"You know, guys on the road for weeks, looking for company, a little pick-me-up. Things like that."

"Luke's isn't a brothel," Charlie rolled her eyes, receiving a glare from Paris.

"What's she talking about?"

"Your guess is as good as mine."

"It's common knowledge diners are breeding grounds for prostitution and drug dealers."

"What?"

"Have you ever seen anything like that going on here?"

Charlie leaned against the counter as Paris hammered Luke with questions, she only snapped out of her daze when Jess came downstairs.

"Hey, where'd he come from?" Paris questioned, "What's up there? Is that where you keep the girls? You got yourself a cat house up there?"

"Wow. I think she got you, Uncle Luke. You better give up now."