³², GONE FISHIN'

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎. . . 𝘎𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯'
❝ I was planning on sleeping in the park, but Taylor chased me from my bench.

  CHARLIE WAS FEELING off in the morning. Her wrist was itching and the t-shirt she'd fallen asleep in was the only source of comfort she had.

  It felt bad, lying to her Mom, but Charlie refused to let anything worsen the relationship between Jess and Lorelai.

  "Charlotte."

  "Either you have a wicked morning voice, or I'm not turning around," Charlie mumbled into her coffee mug.

  "I was worried about you."

  "It's a fracture."

  "How exactly did that happen?"

  "Car accident."

  "Yes, but how did you fracture your wrist?"

  "Hit it against the dash."

  "Steering wheel would've been in the way, wouldn't it?"

  Charlie's face dropped as Christopher took a seat at the table across from her.

  "You weren't driving, were you?" Charlie opened her mouth to deny it, but Chris cut her off, "There's no point in lying."

  "Please don't tell Mom." The girl whispered, and for the first time in a long time, Christopher saw more than just a copy of Lorelai. He saw Charlie Gilmore, his oldest daughter, the girl with the heart too big for her body, and it hurt that it took him so long.

  "She won't be mad."

  "Maybe not at me. But she'll take it out on Jess and maybe even Luke, and it's my fault he swerved that hard in the first place, I yelled and scared him and—"

  "It's not your fault," Chris cut her off gently, "But Charlie, you have to tell your Mom."

  "I don't want to."

  "Charlotte. . . she deserves to know."

  Stars Hollow's movie in the park was upon them, and Charlie was quite content sitting beside her Mother. Chris had gone to get popcorn while Kirk's mini film had played, and despite Rory's best attempts (and her reassurance that she was not mad about the car)  Charlie was still not speaking with her.

  Patty had informed them that she did the choreography for Kirk's film, which made Charlie love it that much more.

  But, her mood was killed instantly when she overheard Babette and Patty chatting about the infamous car accident.